“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Vermont
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is only 2 yrs old. Rooms are lovely, fresh, well-equipped. Service was great. Nice breakfast. We like to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels when we travel, because we appreciate the quality offered for the moderate price. This is the BESTone to date- we enjoyed our stay! Highly recommend it!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank teacherinVT
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear teacherinVT,
I'd like to thank you for such a great review! I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We always enjoy hearing feedback from our guests so I'll be sure to share your compliments with our staff. Maybe next time you're in the area you can enjoy or complimentary evening snacks located in the lobby.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The Hampton Inn was booked so we were sent over to the Holiday Inn and we were not disappointed. Beautiful room, great staff ,great room and bed. After a long drive it was nice to settle into such a nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank pebblebeach
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Pebblebeach,
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review. I'm so happy to hear that you were not disappointed after being referred over to us. Hopefully you'll remember us next time you come to Utica, and maybe if the weather is warm enough you'll be able to take advantage of our patio with our grill and fireplace out back.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was looking for a hotel for my daughter's sports tournament. The team had booked a "group rate" and had directed me the the ihg website. Normally I look at all other 3rd party sites before booking but IHG had a lowest price guarantee. Within 24 hours every single site had a cheaper rate than booked. I submitted the claim and was denied saying they couldn't verify the cheaper rate. I pulled up the 3rd party sites and again cheaper rates came up. I sent screen shots and called. Not only won't they honor their guarantee but they have been giving me the run around and rude to me on the phone. The hotel said it's only if you see before you book, I had to send screen shot of their own site wording. Once I proved that I was told I needed to call corporate, corporate telling me I need to contact hotel directly then directed back to corporate. And because it was prepay they won't let me cancel my reservation to book somewhere else.

Stayed May 2014
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Linnea,
I want to apologize again for you unpleasant experience with reserving a room online. I know you did everything you were supposed to do by emailing that you had found a better price within 24 hours, and I'm sorry that Holiday Inn Corporate was not able to verify that. Because of the inconvenience and trouble you experienced, I approved a refund of your pre-paid non-refundable reservation, which was the least I could do. Please let me know if there's anything further I can do for you.

Lee Arthur
email: larthur@visions-hotels.com
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel & staff. New & clean rooms & a great breakfast everyday. Lots of local restaurants & discount coupons at the front desk. Refridge & microwave in each room makes a longer stay more enjoyable.
Workout facilities onsite but free offsite full health club!
Great stay!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Carl D
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Carl D,
Thanks for the great review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We always try our best to ensure our guests are aware of all the great discounts we offer along with being able to present your room key at "Powerhouse Gym" for a workout, if full fitness center is prefered. I hope to have you stay again next time you're in the area.
Utica, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I had breakfast in the lounge and was met with the most upbeat personable individual young lady (Karin) who made sure that my experience was the best. The breakfast area was clean and well kept. All the food was fresh and very presentable .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Tom L,
Thanks for the great review! Karin has been with us since we've opened and always leaves such a great impression with our guests. I'll be sure to share your compliments with her and the rest of our staff. Maybe next time you're in the area you can enjoy our indoor heated pool.
Vestal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is an excellent hotel. It is clean and friendly, rooms are well-appointed, staff is friendly, and breakfast quite adequate. The location is just out of town and there are only fast food emporiums for meals, but you should try Niki Doodles nearly by. Their little side restaurant is a treat. You will not regret staying at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear VestalBen,
Thank you for such a great review! I'm so very happy that you enjoyed your stay! Maybe you can enjoy our grill and fire pit in the back of the hotel next time your in the area.
Wynantskill, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I am in Utica once a year for a conference and have stayed in different places each time. But next year I will return here. A few dollars can be saved staying elsewhere, but this property is new and very accommodating. Staff go out of their way to be helpful, including ensuring the room is included in your hotel rewards. My only complaint is the difficulty of locating it. I drove by the turn and had to find my way around downtown Utica. So, coming from the Thruway, turn right at Delmonico's Steakhouse. The hotel is down the road and on the left. Delmonico's is easy to spot!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear HopeLady,
Thank you for the great review! I'm happy that we were able to accommodate you during your stay your stay with us and we look foward to having you return in the future. Maybe you can enoy our complimetary dvd rentals located at the front desk next time.