“excellence of staff members”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Baldwinsville, New York
“excellence of staff members”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

would like to commend both karin (who prepares the breakfast), and erin (front desk associate), for their outstanding care to provide the best service to all guests staying at this hotel. i have stayed here multiple nights, and both have always provided the best response to my questions and requests - i plan on staying at this hotel in the future, due to their diligence.

Room Tip: pick the 3rd floor - less noise!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear William,
I'm so happy to hear that Karin and Erin were both able to make you feel at home. We're always trying to make sure each guest feels welcome. Thanks for the review, and we'll make sure to get you the top floor whenever you come in!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were using the HotelCoupon.com guide book and noticed that the Holiday Inn Express offered a 'walk-in' discount rate and we decided to try it out. Excellent choice! The hotel was very convenient to the Rte 90 and was a great stop with kids. The pool offered a pleasant reprieve from the drive and there was room outside for tossing a ball. Breakfast which was included was very adequate. Would highly recommend this as a travel stop when travelling thru Utica.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the third floor on the rear of the building. Very comfortable and quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear IP3806,
Thanks for giving us your feedback, I'm glad to hear you were happy with the room and with breakfast. Along with room for tossing a ball, we also have a patio in back of the hotel with a working fire pit and grill. We're all still thrilled to be able to enjoy it with the nice weather finally here.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the Holiday Inn Express. They rooms where clean. I was upgraded to a suite for free. The suite was pretty nice and included a extra room that was separated by a divider. There is a small couch and extra TV in the separated room. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable about the local area. I would return to this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear cory4wvs,

Thanks so much for giving us such great feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your upgrade, and I'm happy to hear our staff was helpful. We always try to recommend options for our guests, such as providing our coupons for a free tour of the Saranac Brewery, or providing the utensils to enjoy our grill and fire pit in back of the hotel.
Thanks again, and hopefully we'll see you again!
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed one night. The rooms are updated which is nice. Sheets are a bit scratchy.
TV is large with lots of channels.

Breakfast was good. Cinnamon rolls amazing.

I found the hotel to be a little noisy. I changed rooms from 3rd floor to ground level and thought it was rather loud from noise above me and in the hallway.

Overall, decent stay, but I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Seems like all the rooms are updated, I liked the first floor because of the convenience to breakfas...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank WNYer
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Wnyer,
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and also apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. If there's anything more that I can do about this previous stay, or perhaps a future one, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Again, my sincerest apologies.
Melville, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

this holiday inn has proven better than most. i have stayed at HIE at johnston, burrstown utica,albany , at coxsackie. but i found this one best so far, no hassles with changing checkout days. housekeeping is good. the complimentary breakfast is really nice, especially if its Karin, she is always in a great mood and it helps when you are getting started for the day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank marc s
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Marc S, I'd like to thank you for this great review. I'm very happy to hear that we were able to accomodate you during your stay. I'll be sure to share your compliments with the rest of the staff. Maybe next time your in the area you can enjoy our selection of free dvd rentals located at the front desk.
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Comfortable room and a great value. We got a king room while traveling home from Canada and stopped to catch a Utica Comets game (quick 5 minute drive). Nice, new hotel conveniently located right off the highway. The walls are pretty thin though, but neither of us are light sleepers so it didn't bother us much. Breakfast was really good & the staff was very nice. We would definitely stay again if ever in the area!

Room Tip: request the third floor & a corner room for quite
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mijoe17
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear mijoe17,
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to catch a Comets Game. We'll look forward to the next time you pass through and stay with us. Hopefully it's warmer so you can enjoy relaxing on our back patio with our fire pit and grill, or if you have time you can rent a movie from our free DVD library.
Alachua, Florida
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The staff were nice. Breakfast was good as usual. The rooms were updated and clean. It is a new property and it was nicely decorated. We had a rowdy group on our floor - playing hockey in he halls, morning and afternoon; drinking in the halls at midnight - we had to call the front desk about the partying twice before someone broke it up. I understand that the hotel has no control over how their patrons act, but it should be dealt with promptly and groups should be screened better. The manager did try to make it right upon our departure and his efforts are appreciated.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy B
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Amy,
Thanks for giving us your review. We know it's sometimes a struggle with certain groups to get them to follow the rules, so I'm sorry if you weren't able to fully enjoy your stay, but I'm glad to hear we met with you to address the issue. If there's anything else we can do for you to make up for the inconvenience, please don't hesitate to let me know!