“Decent stay - -”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed one night. The rooms are updated which is nice. Sheets are a bit scratchy.
TV is large with lots of channels.

Breakfast was good. Cinnamon rolls amazing.

I found the hotel to be a little noisy. I changed rooms from 3rd floor to ground level and thought it was rather loud from noise above me and in the hallway.

Overall, decent stay, but I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Seems like all the rooms are updated, I liked the first floor because of the convenience to breakfas...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WNYer
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Wnyer,
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and also apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. If there's anything more that I can do about this previous stay, or perhaps a future one, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

this holiday inn has proven better than most. i have stayed at HIE at johnston, burrstown utica,albany , at coxsackie. but i found this one best so far, no hassles with changing checkout days. housekeeping is good. the complimentary breakfast is really nice, especially if its Karin, she is always in a great mood and it helps when you are getting started for the day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank marc s
Ana F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Marc S, I'd like to thank you for this great review. I'm very happy to hear that we were able to accomodate you during your stay. I'll be sure to share your compliments with the rest of the staff. Maybe next time your in the area you can enjoy our selection of free dvd rentals located at the front desk.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Comfortable room and a great value. We got a king room while traveling home from Canada and stopped to catch a Utica Comets game (quick 5 minute drive). Nice, new hotel conveniently located right off the highway. The walls are pretty thin though, but neither of us are light sleepers so it didn't bother us much. Breakfast was really good & the staff was very nice. We would definitely stay again if ever in the area!

Room Tip: request the third floor & a corner room for quite
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mijoe17
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear mijoe17,
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to catch a Comets Game. We'll look forward to the next time you pass through and stay with us. Hopefully it's warmer so you can enjoy relaxing on our back patio with our fire pit and grill, or if you have time you can rent a movie from our free DVD library.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The staff were nice. Breakfast was good as usual. The rooms were updated and clean. It is a new property and it was nicely decorated. We had a rowdy group on our floor - playing hockey in he halls, morning and afternoon; drinking in the halls at midnight - we had to call the front desk about the partying twice before someone broke it up. I understand that the hotel has no control over how their patrons act, but it should be dealt with promptly and groups should be screened better. The manager did try to make it right upon our departure and his efforts are appreciated.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy B
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Amy,
Thanks for giving us your review. We know it's sometimes a struggle with certain groups to get them to follow the rules, so I'm sorry if you weren't able to fully enjoy your stay, but I'm glad to hear we met with you to address the issue. If there's anything else we can do for you to make up for the inconvenience, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stopped at a thruway rest stop for a snack and picked up one of those coupon booklets. I generally have low expectations for motels that advertise in them, but we needed to stop someplace for the night. I am a loyal Holiday Inn Express customer, and there was a coupon for about $30 off the regular price. I called to find out if there was availability, and if the coupon would be honored even though I had called (it's "walk-ins" only). Yes on both counts. The surprise was a brand new facility, spotlessly clean, decorated like a chic, up-scale hotel, and easy to fine (once we realized we'd passed the turn-off and retraced our way -- note to management, please put up a sign if you can!).

The beds were even more comfortable than the usual HIE. Lots and lots of pillows. Refrigerator and microwave. Fast, free, easy to access wifi in the room. Really nice breakfast selections. And the staff was superb. Check-in was faster than anything I've ever experienced. We do a lot of driving between NYC and Rochester, and this will definitely be our new stopover when we need one.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSLinNYC

Dear JSLinNYC,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! I'm so glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. Our property is only about a year old so your word of mouth opinion is much appreciated. I'm glad you appreciated all the amenities in our rooms, and if you have time next time you come through Utica, remember to take advantage of our free DVD library, or our guest VIP specials at local restaurants like Delmonico's or Aqua Vino!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday night for personal reasons, a funeral service so we did not check in till 8 PM or so. The staff at the front desk could not have been friendlier. We asked for extra pillows late at night and they were there in 10 minutes or less! Quality of room for price was good. We also met our friends for breakfast in the dining room and that experience was good too.I would definetley return.

Room Tip: None at this time.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ken d

Dear Ken D,
I'm sorry you were not travelling for a happy reason, but thank you for taking the time to give us this great review. I'm glad to hear the staff was all friendly and attentive. If there's anything else we could've done to help make the stay even better, please let us know!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

For my business purposes ,I stayed many times in this hotel,Staff is extremely friendly and professional.Rooms are elegantly decorated (if you compare most of the other same group hotel),Rooms are good size.Quite and very clean,Breakfast are wonderful and Mrs Karin doing her best for preparing our breakfasts.Great Jump start a day..She is very friendly and doing a great job,,Even I was very sick during my last stay she did her best offer me some lemon tea..Try to make me comfortable on my stay as like I m in home with my family..Cudos to hotel staff...I m looking forward to stay here again..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 872Clau

Dear 872Clau,
Thanks for being such a loyal guest! I've passed on your compliments to Karin and the rest of the staff. We're always happy to hear when our guests feel at home coming here. We're looking forward to having you stay with us again!