“Great Service”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Thornhill, Canada
“Great Service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family just returned from a short 2 day stay at this location. The service was really good. Front desk associate (Mark) was very helpful and showed real interest in helping the kids have a good stay. The room was nice and well kept. Nice pool and the complimentary breakfast was nice as well. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear James,
Thanks for giving us such a great review. I'm glad that Mark and the rest of our staff made you feel welcome. I'm happy to hear that you would stay here again, feel free to let me know if there's anything we can do to make your stay even better.
Lee Arthur, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Rocky Point, New York, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A BEAUTIFUL hotel and the staff was awesome . We plan on staying at this hotel again, Would HIGHLY recommend this hotel . THE room was very very clean and the bed soo comfy.. IT was just and over all excellent experience ..

Fergus, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bed "suite" on the last night of our journey home. It was the most spacious of all the Holiday Inn rooms we'd stayed in. There was plenty of kitchen cupboard space, and a mini fridge. (cupboards for what? no stove there). But it was certainly nice to have the counter top space. Sofa-bed/ 2 beds, all were comfortable and fine- Our view from 219 was interesting. Turns out when you get there late at night, you get the room behind the giant sign at the entrance. It made us laugh, and didn't matter to us because we weren't in Utica for the view, but it might bug someone else. The pancake machine was out of order and there was NO fruit at breakfast. Seriously, who doesn't put out fruit? No hot tub either -oh the inhumanity! The pool was warm enough though. But other than that, it was clean, comfortable and decent stay and we would book there again if passing through.

Room Tip: 219 has a great view of the back of the entrance sign.
Dear Jellyfishmum,
Thanks for giving us such good feedback on your stay. We agree that room doesn't have a great view, but we hope the large suite with two TV's made up for that a little bit. I'm sorry to hear we had trouble with the pancake machine and fruit selection, I will make sure that we have enough bananas and apples from now on! Feel free to contact me directly next time you're in the area and I'll make sure we get you a good room on the top floor, and I'll make sure we aren't short on anything in breakfast.
Lee Arthur, GM
Sandwich, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Got to this hotel just in time to get the last room for the evening. The room was a handicapped accessible king suite. It was very nice, clean, colorful, but not inexpensive. I was able to get $10.00 knocked off for being an AARP member. The front desk hostess was very friendly and directed us to a nearby restaurant. Odd though, we found it a bit tricky getting around Utica and to this hotel. This hotel and a few others on this street were a bit off the road, one has to really look to find them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Mark, the front desk associate was very pleasant. This hotel is brand new and quite lovely. Check in did take a bit longer than usual but overall a nice time. Beds were clean. Breakfast was good and hearty.

• Stayed August 2013
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great place to stay while on a trip to Cooperstown.
We went with our 2 kids (3 and 6) and were well received.
Cookies at check in, room was clean, breakfast was good for kids

Pool was a tad chilly but the kids loved it.

I'd recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for one night on the way back from Niagara Falls. It's right off the highway. When we checked in the amazing staff gave us Water, Chips, cookies, granola bars, and crackers. My family cracked up when I came back to the car with all the goodies they supplied. The room was big and spacious - we had two TVs which was strange at first since it was one room. I was disappointed that we were right outside the elevator and ice machine and I probably should have asked to be moved before we got settled. My son was woken up before 6am with people getting ice. The beds were quite comfortable, the shower head was the same I had at home which I loved. We were able to walk over to Delmonico's to have the best meal we ate on vacation. The breakfast was adequate and the woman who worked there is hardworking and very friendly. We didn't use the pool as there was a baseball team in there when we arrived and it was a bit small for all of them and us. Overall - if I was to do that trip again, I would definitely stay there - but would request not to stay outside the elevator.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Kelly,
Thanks for the great review! I'm happy you enjoyed one our our spacious Two Queen Suites, and I'm glad our staff was able to take care of you as well as Demonico's restaurant. Most of our Two Queen Suites are fairly close to the elevators, so please let us know you prefer away from the elevator and we will definitely make that happen if you stay again!