“Would Stay Again”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were at this location for one night during our vacation. We were very impressed by the room layout and it seemed to be newly remodeled! The staff was very accommodating and the room was quite clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am a wholesale to retail accessories Representative & had a morning appointment with a store owner in nearby New Hartford. I travel heavily during the summer months. I require a refrigerator, like a pool and a full breakfast. I especially like to come across friendly and knowledgeable Front Desk Associates. They make all the difference to me when I am so far from home.

I had a price that I did not want to go over and the front desk associate, Anastasia was able to work with me along with making certain that there would be a refrigerator in the room as well as accommodating me with the type of room I wanted and on the floor I had asked for.

I had to leave on a sales call without having a chance to pack my belongings & check out. Erin was so very kind & considerate as my appointment ran very late and she made me feel so at ease I cannot say enough about that. I felt compelled to tell Lee about the level of care I had received from Erin and said that I was so happy with this experience I booked a second night before I checked out for later in the week upon returning from Buffalo.

Whenever I am in the Utica are I will always look to stay at The Holiday Inn Express on Wells Ave.

Mark G.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Mark,
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities like the refrigerator and pool. We even lend out DVDs for free, and have other sleeping options like a pillow menu, eye masks, and sound machine. Thanks for giving us such a great review, and hopefully we'll see you here again!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

stayed on 6/20/13 Check in lady was friendly and helpful, recommended a restaurant- fabulous and made me feel welcome. Room was clean and beautiful. Breakfast attendant- Karin Marrone was very nice. She chatted with me and even heated up some breakfast danish for me. It was a good start to my day. this hotel was great and i don't often write glowing reviews. everyone I met went above and beyond. This was even better than many of the other holiday Inns I've stayed at. Thank you

Room Tip: third floor was quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Rhonda,
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed one of the great restaurants nearby here in Utica. I will also pass the compliments on to our breakfast attendant Karin.
Sincerely, Lee Arthur

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've stayed at many HI Express hotels and this is the first that asked for my priority club number. From the onset this is the most friendly helpful staff I've seen in years. The rooms are beautiful. The breakfast was fresh. I will absolutely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Phil,
Thanks for giving us such a great review! I'm glad to hear you were impressed with our friendly service, because we always want all of our guests to feel at home. I hope you got to enjoy some of Utica's famous restaurants nearby like Delmonico's, Babe's, or Aqua Vino.
Lee Arthur, General Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel has only been open for about six months. Rooms, including the bathroom, are large adn well appointed. The free breakfast was okay - had eggs as well as cereal and pastry choices. We ate there the first morning - had breakfast at Denny's the following day when we left. We checked in after midnight and the hotel manager on duty heated two cinnamon rolls for us - very nice touch. We were there for a wedding and the hotel accomodated everyone without problem. There were actually two wedding parties staying there. It is right off the RT 90 (NY Thruway I think it is called). It is set back off the main street - so very quiet. There is an Italian Steakhouse - Delmonico's a two minute walk away as well as a short drive to a Dennys, McDonalds and some non-chain restaurants. Price was very reasonable and staff courteous and helpful. There is ample parking all around the building and a back entrance if you park back there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Lee A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Jenny_Big_Sur,
Thanks for giving us such great feedback. We were happy to have both wedding parties, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the stay as well. If there is anything you can think of that would improve our value or cleanliness, please let us know.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in Utica NY was great. The service was wonderful, clean rooms as you expect from a Holiday Inn express and the breakfast compared to other Holiday Inn express was excellent! Mark was very interested in our stay. The front desk directed us to an amazing Italian Restaurant just outside their own doorway. Wonderful stay on May 24, 2013.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jackie,
I'm happy to see we gave you a 5 Star experience at our hotel! We are lucky to have the great Delmonico's Italian steakhouse right next door. Thanks for the review, and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the rest of our staff.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Recently constructed hotel and kept very clean. Staff was very pleasant. Not a bad breakfest either! Stayed here for a wedding with many of the wedding guests staying here so I though it would be loud at night. Not the case. Short walk to Delmonico's, probably the best restaurant in Utica, and I guess the Denny's was in walking distance as well...for some! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Franklin22,
I'm happy to hear you and your wedding group enjoyed our hotel, we are always happy to host groups and teams. Our huge free breakfast, and great restaurants always help us take care of our groups that stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again next time you come through Utica.