“Good food, great beer”

Swifty's
Ranked #10 of 184 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lockport
“Good food, great beer”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a nice place to grab a bite to eat and to sample from a good selection of beers. Although I was traveling solo on this trip, the staff made me feel comfortable and tended to my needs. As of the date of this writing, this location also has trivia on Wednesday evenings -- I love trivia, and although I ate/drank there on a Wednesday night, I regret that I did not get there later so that I could play.

Visited January 2013

Richfield Springs, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Four of us decided on Swifty's for an "in between" type of place to eat. We didn't want fast food but we didn't want a BIG meal either. I've been eating light and ordered the crabcake appetizer .... which was almost burned and dry as the sahara ... the sauce they had for it was some formulation of cocktail sauce and not very helpful. One friend ordered the Salmon salad which had a miniscule amount of salmon .... and another had the prime rib sandwich which was very sparse in beef! To top it off - the friend with the prime rib got VERY ill w/in an hour poor guy. The other order was a cheeseburger and I guess that was all good.

The atmosphere is alright, but it's loud - the wait staff was okay but not excellent and the food simply stunk. I'm all for glowing praise but this place was a FAIL FAIL FAIL in my book and I won't be going back.

• Visited November 2012
Upstate NY
“Great lunch at a great price”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Menu is large and varied. We were a party of six; everyone ordered something different and were all pleased. Salads were huge. Wraps were filled - not half empty like some places. Would definitely return if in the area again

Visited November 2012
Syracuse NY
“Nice Surprise!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I went here for lunch last wed and had a great meal with my niece. There were 5 or 6 people at the bar and one other guest in the dining room so I hope they picked up after we left. We were there around 4. We started with an appetizer of chicken wings--well cooked and tasty. The carrots and celery on the side were a little wilted but we did not leave a single wing! The interior was very clean and good separation from bar to restaurant. We both had chicken cordon blue sandwiches and the portions were huge and I agree with the last review that the fries are awesome as well! Nice place for families, business meeting or to hang out at the bar.

• Visited October 2012
Utica, New York
“Nice establishment!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Based on a friend's lukewarm recommendation, I visited Swifty's last night. Nicely decorated, modern, clean atmosphere with some nice accents like a couple leather sofas and numerous flat screen TVs. Good variety of beers. I'd place Swifty's food in the "brewpub" category and they certainly have a lot of tasty choices. (Being from Utica, the first food related observation I made was that the waitress didn't immediately place a basket of cheap, white bread in front of us .....thank God!) Food is good, reasonably priced and service is friendly, polite, and attentive. The manager also came by once to ask if all was well. Overall, Utica is fortunate to have this restaurant that is fine for singles, couples, and families. Right next door to the Stanley Theatre. NOTE: This restaurant is part of a small chain in NYS, the other restaurants being in Delmar and Indian River.

• Visited September 2012