“A gem!”
Review of Utica Zoo

Utica Zoo
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Utica
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Utica, New York, the Utica Zoo is the perfect place to get a little WILD! With so many ways to learn and explore, the Zoo is great for all ages. Bring the whole family, or maybe just that special someone. Rain or shine...or snow, the Utica Zoo offers ways to educate, entertain and create memories that are sure to last! The Zoo is OPEN YEAR ROUND so no matter the season, the Zoo welcomes you!
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a small zoo in the city of Utica. It was raining so it felt like we had the entire zoo to ourselves. Enough animals to see in about 1.5 to 3 hours depending if you want to pause for lunch in one of the MANY picnic tables! Great playground area for kids. Very pretty zoo, admission price is justified. I would definitely go back with my family if I'm in the area!!!

3  Thank Karina H
There are newer reviews for Utica Zoo

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Small zoo but nice. Very inexpensive. There are lots of animals, a small play area and a covered picnic area. The zoo is clean and well maintained. The sea lion feeding was fun to watch. We took our 15 month old son and he had fun. A great way to spend an afternoon.

2  Thank Tink01Ny
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our family loves going to the Utica Zoo. It's large enough to keep your interest yet small enough to not be overwhelming. Our grandkids love the animals there and always enjoy their day at the zoo. I would highly recommend it for an enjoyable afternoon.

1  Thank HerkDia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My boyfriend took me to the Utica zoo during one of my visits upstate. It wasn't spring yet and we were walking around in snow from paths that led to animals that weren't cleared - this didn't put a damper on our visit but it certainly left our feet wet and cold! Overall, it was an enjoyable experience. I got to see animals I had never seen before in person and get close to the sea lions and ostrich which is turning into a rareity with the growing distance in fences nowadays.

1  Thank Jocie M
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Utica Zoo is small, but friendly and particularly enticing to smaller children with its playground, excellent snack bar, picnic area and petting zoo. The staff and volunteers are dedicated to their work and to their role in helping maintain genetic diversity among threatened and endangered species. It hosts many special events throughout the year and provides an eerie (and candy-loaded) venue for trick and treating on Halloween.

1  Thank ProfPolly

Been to Utica Zoo? Share your experiences!