“WORTH EVERY DOLLAR!”

The Tailor and The Cook
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tailor and The Cook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 183 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Tailor and the Cook is one of the brightest spots in Utica's already rich Culinary nightlife. Attentive service and a comfortable atmosphere support provocative cuisine produced with the finest local products, whenever possible. The management of The Tailor and the Cook is devoted to offering their clientele great food and a path to the farmers and producers who make it happen. The relationship between the food we eat and where it is produced is of growing concern to many. The Tailor and the Cook brings the many bounties of CNY's rich Agriculture to the forefront, giving the public the opportunity to know where there food comes from and how it is produced. Featuring Local Product whenever possible, menus change based on seasonality, freshness, and availability of local goods. A rich and generous selection of Beer, Wine, and Spirits round out the Culinary Package.
Utica, New York
“WORTH EVERY DOLLAR!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I had friends in from out of town and since we have eaten here before and LOVED it, we knew Tailor & the Cook was the perfect place! We made reservations on opentable.com which was SUPER EASY! When we arrived we were greeted at the door and got our table right away. We told our waitress that our friends have never been there before and she went above and beyond to describe every dish! I had blue crab & my husband had the lamb. Our friends LOVED LOVED LOVED their food and the entire experience. Delizioso!!!

• Visited August 2013

Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
“For a creative meal, made with love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm writing this up months after my visit, but better late than never. While I usually stop in for a drink at the bar, I have eaten here a few times and have loved every single meal. I don't live in utica, so it is a real treat to be able to plan ahead and get reservations to come in for dinner. The last time I was in with two other couples, we ordered several appetizers, each of us got our own entree, and there were a few shared desserts. We all left very satisfied. Each dish is inventive, delicious, and beautiful. I adore the atmosphere, they have great lighting, unique fixtures and bar top, and who doesn't enjoy an open kitchen for entertainment. Tim is doing amazing things with flavor, I am always impressed. I'm looking forward to my next meal here, and I'll try to remember to pause to take pictures before I dig in

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MySpendidLife
Rome, NY, United States
“Excellent food ... Pretty pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food and service are excellent. Located right beside a strip club (but unless you are eating later than 9:00 you probably won't notice it). I wasn't fond of the way the tables were arranged ... a bench along the wall with a table and chair pushed up to it. One person sits on the bench and the other has a chair. This may not bother you but I don't like it. Two of us and the price was $130. I could have had Ruth's Chris for that price and they would given me two chairs. Keep in mind you go to a restaurant for the food and ambience not necessarily the style of the sitting.

• Visited February 2013
Cooperstown, New York
“Awesome food, fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

So pleased with this small restaurant in Utica. We entered with a very happy greeting and enjoyed a perfectly made Martini at the bar while waiting for our table. The bar is very extensive and prices very reasonable for top shelf. Our table was ready at the time promised. We were quickly greeted by Melissa (owner/wife of the chef) and she was, of course, very well versed with the menu and the dinner specials. The food was delicious, nicely seasoned and sauced and not overly done. The wine selections were quite adequate and priced reasonably. We had a cheese plate for dessert with a generous selection of local cheeses. Even though this was a graduation weekend (Hamilton College and Utica College) we were seated timely and never felt rushed. We will definitely be returning. This is the place to eat for a wonderful dining experience, support local farmers and local restaurants. I marked this as a $$$ dining because we had the dinner special and they are always a bit more pricey.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ruthe A
“5 star food and 5 star service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This local upscale gem is as good as any high end NYC restaurant. Creative cuisine, local flavors and a warm personal touch by Tim and Melissa make this a special treat.

Visited June 2013