See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I expected the place to be a crappy motel type of experience, but I was desperate for a place to stay during Boilermaker weekend so I figured beggars can't be choosers. But seriously...EW. My sister & I stayed in a non-smoking room with 2 double beds. Luckily we brought our own blankets/pillows, so we just slept on top of the bedspread. Neverrr would have slept under those covers. We opted to skip showering, because I think I would have felt even dirtier after using it. The only saving grace for this room was the ability to open a window to get some kind of air in that gross smell...otherwise we were considering just ditching to sleep in the car. I'm not a picky person, but this is the worst motel I've ever stayed in. I wouldn't even consider it if I was a low class hooker. Dumbest $130 I have ever spent. The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is because at least it was a place to sleep/use the bathroom.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2015

I booked this place on Priceline as it was listed as a two star hotel for $45. I ended up paying $52 with taxes and fees and would say the hotel was clean, the service staff was polite and helpful. There were few things I didn't like about the hotel... having to be buzzed into the office to ask a question, the 1/2 inch plus gap in my door and the fact that my room key had my room number written on the back and was issued like a regular old school key, and that it took 10 minutes to get hot water, but once I did - it was great. The AC worked, the cable was great, wi-fi worked perfect, room and sheets were clean, I slept like a rock, just wish I would have known what I was getting. Price was fair for a last minute deal and one star hotel. There seem to be improvements going on, the exterior has been painted. If you don't mind things being dated and waiting awhile for hot water, then this might be a good spot for you.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2015 via mobile

Easy access from highway and downtown Utica. Room was clean and functional, the reviews from previous years are outdated, seems new ownership has definitely improved the quality of the stay. Friendly staff. Would stay again

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Don't go there. Me and my girl spent over $300 in meds and threw away a lot of clothes. Call the dept of health, its on record!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its sad we've stayed there a few time before its cheap and very comfortable .. although we've notice a dramatic decrease in cleanliness. Used to a good place, but id never go there again... total turn off! !! Be aware,

Date of stay: August 2012
5  Thank toddlaclair
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I've stayed in a lot of budget hotels/motels in the last year, but this one takes the cake. I can't believe I convinced myself to stay after I looked at the room. It was the cheapest around, for good reason. They have only two non-smoking rooms, of course I didn't get one. The sheets probably have never been washed (I slept in my sleeping bag). The carpet has cigarette burns everywhere. They didn't even bother to replace a lap shade, just a light bulb jutting out (it is one of those energy efficient ones though!!). Do not stay here. Spend the few extra dollars to go somewhere else! One postive, they did have decent wifi.

Room tip: There is no good room
Date of stay: July 2011