“Pleasant Surprise!”

Sunny Restaurant Asian Cuisine
Ranked #33 of 184 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: Cambodian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I routinely visit trip advisor to check out new restaurants and found Sunny when looking for someplace to eat when bringing our son back to school on a Sunday night. It was everything the other (positive) reviewers said! Not in the greatest area, but when we walked inside we were pleased at how clean and fresh it looked inside. The menu offers many choices from chinese to vietnamese and thai. The noodle soup was delicious and huge, as was my husbands pork noodle soup. The spring rolls were freshly made, and flavorful.
Wonderful service, great food!

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We found great reviewers from fellow Trip Advisors and stopped here for lunch while driving through. It's close to the thruway and a great spot to stop in. The neighborhood is a bit rough (we almost drove away twice), but don't be discouraged. Sunny's is clean inside with delicious, fresh food. Get something with wontons or lo mein - it's not run-of-the-mill greasy at all. Light, fresh, friendly and worth a repeat visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our 1st visit, to this Asian style restaurant . Cuisine has many facets with a Vietnamese leaning. I had pork noodle soup, a HUGE bowl! My wife enjoyed a noodle soup with seafood, and my son had a bbq sauced seafood and vegetable medley sautee: called "strange seafood" on the menu. We also enjoyed fresh vegetable spring rolls and steamed dumplings as appetizers to share. The restaurant was not busy on a sunday night before labor day. The attentive waitress refilled our water glasses often. Great food and attentive speedy service! We will be back again. $44.00 including tip. The restaurant was super clean and tastefully decorated.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant offers a variety of Asian food. It is very clean and the service is great. There are so many dishes that it takes a bit of time to decide. Great spot for a nice evening with the family.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was traveling with friends and we decided to get off of the highway in Utica NY. When I saw the reviews on Trip Advisor, I felt that we should try it. I am so glad we did. The restaurant is very modest but, clean. But, the food was really delightful. The Hot and Sour Soup was the best I have ever had. The Crispy Noodles with Chicken and Beef was wonderful - the sauce was unique and memorable.

The Pho had a wonderfully complex broth worthy of taking home for a 2nd meal.

Great lunch and tremendous value. I'm glad we stopped during our journey and happy the restaurant was open on a Sunday afternoon. I'll be stopping back on my next way through Upstate New York!