“Very good SE Asian cuisine”
Review of Lotus Garden

Lotus Garden
Ranked #21 of 187 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were passing through Utica and based on reviews we saw online, decided to try The Lotus Garden. We were quite pleased with the quality of the food, and our server was very friendly and helpful.

I like spicy dishes and ordered the spicy krapow; it was great--just below my threshold of spice tolerance, and very tasty. My wife, who has a very low tolerance for spiciness, ordered a chicken curry dish that the menu stated was mild, and found it to be a little spicy but within acceptable limits. Both dishes were nicely prepared and presented, and portions were generous. We were both served Cambodian salads prior to the arrival of the main courses, and were told that they come with the meals. We didn't expect that, and the interesting salads were very different from what we normally expect for salad.

As out of towners we were not familiar with the area and had our GPS bring us to the Genesee St. address. I guess if you know the area this is not rocket science, but the building is nestled between streets that run at odd angles so if you are unfamiliar with the area, go slow and you should be fine. Just don't go to where your GPS might take you from its internal listings, as the restaurant is not on Bleecker St. any more; the Genesee St. location is new. The restaurant has some limited parking of its own, if you want to avoid a pay lot.

1  Thank Joe H

Reviewed October 3, 2013

On a family visit to my daughter at Hamilton College, we happened on this gem in Utica, NY. Lotus Garden has some of the best Thai food we have had in the U.S. Having been to northern Thailand some years back, there were wonderful dishes my wife and I have unsuccessfully searched for in many restaurants on both coasts, only to find the only versions we have seen since at Lotus Garden. Very respectfully produced Thai dishes, both the standards one sees in many places, and others that are hard to find. Well prepared, very fresh ingredients. We all loved it!

1  Thank Perry B
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is now right behind my office and I look for an excuse as often as possible to eat there. My favorite is the Thai curry but everything is wonderful. There are a number of good Asian restaurants in the area, but this is certainly the best. New location is a bit harder to find I expect. But it's much nicer. Feels and tastes like you took the train into NY -- well almost.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I hadn't been to the Lotus Garden since it moved to Genessee St. but I went yesterday for lunch with a friend. The food is still very good, the service is excellent and the new location is inviting. There is lovely outdoor seating and the indoor seating is cozy and warm.

1  Thank ShaYellow
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The staff was friendly, didn't rush us. The food was fantastic and I will definitely be back with other friends!

1  Thank Renee K

Been to Lotus Garden? Share your experiences!