“So Glad We Hippity-Hopped Here For Easter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alee's

Alee's
Ranked #21 of 183 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Niskayuna, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,145 helpful votes
“So Glad We Hippity-Hopped Here For Easter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Easter dinner is one meal which I have ZERO compunction about eating in a restaurant.  Our family of four joined my sister's family of four today for the holiday meal at Alee's.  We were fortunate to have secured a 12:30 reservation, and the size of our party garnered us a private room--a very pleasant surprise.
The Easter menu had been available online, so we dithered all week instead of after we were seated. There was a plethora of choices: prime rib, filet mignon, roast ham, rack of lamb, two chicken preparations and three seafood options. Dinners came with a choice of salad or roasted red pepper bisque and appropriate accompaniments. To say we were all pleased with our meals would be to flirt with understatement. In addition, we had hoovered up appetizers--two orders of calamari, greens and sautéed artichoke hearts.  Several of our party enjoyed the $3 mimosas and I was astonished that bottled beer only cost $2.
We had a truly delightful meal.  The service was fine, the restrooms absolutely pristine and our check for $280 (gratuity included) represented a tremendous value. I look forward to returning to Alee's on future jaunts to Utica.

• Visited March 2013
9 Thank Lori12309

Upstate NY
“Easter Dinner 2013 Awesome, Can' Wait Till Next Year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Highest Rating For A Holiday Dinner. Expecting Mediocre On Busy Holiday.....got Exceptional quality. Reasonable Prices....Great Food.

1 Thank fletchlisa
New Hartford, NY
“Great dining in Utica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

An extensive menu, well prepared food, friendly and helpful waitstaff, make this a fine dining experience in Utica, NY. The artichoke appetizer is awesome. PrimeRib meal sells out....ask them to save a portion for you when you make reservations.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank NYBob6
Sauquoit, New York
“Large portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I celebrate our Anniversary with a dinner at Alee's. We both ordered the Prime Rib on a Saturday night and were not dissapointed. The portions were large and the steak was cooked to our specifications. We will be booking a party there as they have two private rooms as well. We were very happy with our meals and the staff there is very friendly. Please note, there is no children's menu at this restaurant. However, we were told that a child could get a pasta or chicken finger entree.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Pat C
Brussels, Belgium
“So much to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Now, I've lived 6 years in Italy so it is always tricky to invite me to an Italian restaurant as I am quite exigent. When it comes to the cooking I was not impressed. Pasta was slightly overcooked and their eggplant was decent but that's it. Their dishes are absolutely not traditional Italian cooking as they are clearly adapted to the local tastes (no offense there). It looks like the steaks ordered by my friends were quite tender and juicy.

The good side; if you have a big appetite the plates they served are BIG, probably the biggest I've ever seen and two of me would have been necessary to finish them. The waiter was very friendly, so to conclude, good value for the money but it is not up to my Italian standards.

1 Thank Ch90

Been to Alee's? Share your experiences!