Tripadvisor
Utica
Post
Inbox
Search

“Nice vibe, good service, good food”

Chesterfield's Tavolo
Reserve a Table
Sat, 2/22
8:00 PM
OR
Order Online
Ranked #50 of 219 Restaurants in Utica
Description: YOUR LOCAL AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN UTICA, NY FIND THE ONLY COAL FIRED PIZZA SHOP IN TOWN Are you searching for your next favorite spot for food and drinks in Utica, NY? Head over to Chesterfield's Tavolo. Our doors opened over 30 years ago to serve our community. Since then, we've been serving up genuine Italian dishes that would make a nonna from the old country proud. Tired of the same old droopy pizza slices? We're the only coal fired pizza shop in Utica, NY. We pride ourselves on preserving the traditional recipes you love, while also offering reinvented classics with a modern Italian restaurant spin.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to Tavalo on a Saturday night after a Hamilton College football game and called at 4 for a reservation at about 6 pm for a group of 13 people. We started out with 7 and kept calling back and adding people and they handled us with total grace though we were nightmare customers. They put us in the bar and pushed together high top type tables because of the size of the group. The bar is large and the vibe inside the restaurant is well designed modern/spare. It has a nice energy. I saw one reviewer who said “too loud” and I would say it is not an intimate place for sure, especially in the bar but it isn’t overly noisy. I also saw someone complain about parking and I don’t get that at all. Big lot and a rear entrance make it a breeze.

Our service was outstanding. We ordered appetizers for the table, stuffed long hots, arancini and Utica greens. Long hots and greens were very, very spicy. I loved it but it might have been too much heat for some. This isn't my favorite place in town for these Utica specialties but they are fresh and hot always. The arancini was pretty good as well. Not my favorite in town but still very good. We ordered lots of different drinks and everything came out quickly including water fill ups and bread. The college kids had the cheeseburger and one thought it was the best he had ever had. I had the monkfish special for the night and it was outstanding. Cooked properly with a delicious side dishes.

Hats off to the management, our group was very hard to handle and they did a great job with every detail.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank kmartin16
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We were celebrating a birthday and our waitress was friendly, accommodating and attentive. The food was delicious and served warm. Everyone in the party loved their dinner.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Helen Z
Reviewed November 30, 2019

The parking lot seemed full but there was plenty of space. Even half-full it was very loud. Good service. Large portions of interesting food almost properly cooked. (Both the Risotto and the pasta were slightly under-done.) The sauce was a bit overwhelming - hard to taste the interesting flavors underneath. Good service.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 13, 2019

RUDE - RUDE - RUDE

Staff was rude from the moment we entered. Saw at least 3 different waiters. Never refilled water, never got a second drink.

Wait staff needs some SERIOUS training. Don't even know how to properly serve food.

Food okay, but you can get just as good and even better elsewhere.

Date of visit: November 2019
drose2401, Public Relations Manager at Chesterfield's Tavolo, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2019

Thank you for choosing to dine with us. I’m so sorry to hear of your unpleasant dining experience. We strive to give all of our customers a 5 star dining experience. It was very upsetting to hear that one of the staff members was not performing up to the standards that we hold. I would love to get a more detailed description of your experience and who your server was so I can address the situation. You are more than welcome to call me at 315–794-1044 or email me at salvatoreborruso@gmail.com

Reviewed October 3, 2019

We took a road trip from Amsterdam to try this restaurant. Glad we did. Very nice surroundings with lots of tables both indoors and on the patio. Our server Kylie was on point with drinks apps and dinner. We began our feast with Tavolo salad Greens Morelle coal fried chicken wings and something called Chicken Lolly Pop soup. It was all well prepared. The Salcicca Pizza looked great and was good, not great. The chicken Riggies had a nice flavor and the quantity was just right. We also had fried calamari which was very good. The only downside of the night was the acoustics. Very loud. However, when I am eating I"m always focused on the food. We will return.

Date of visit: September 2019
tavolo315, Owner at Chesterfield's Tavolo, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2019

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! While we are glad to see that your experience was overall positive, we hope that you will be in again so we can show you a true five-star experience!

Been to Chesterfield's Tavolo? Share your experiences!