“Ambience - None Food - without rival”
Review of Joey's

Joey's
Ranked #21 of 183 Restaurants in Utica
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Joey's is small, loud and nothing to look at. Order something. Anything. And you will be transported to your happy place. Food is delicious, portions more than generous and you feel like your Italian mom or Nonna is in the back cooking your food. Prices are low, quality is off the hook. The appetizer of Greens was enough for 2 of us plus 2 additional meals at home and delicious as well. I highly recommend this restaurant and the waitresses Tess and Chrissy as well as owner/chef Michael.

There are newer reviews for Joey's

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food is amazing. Forget Olive Garden..when you walk into Joey's Restaurant, you're family. I felt like I was in Nona's kitchen. I have tried almost every dish on the menu and I've yet to be disappointed. Joey's is a tiny spot on a busy street, but worth the trek. They also cater and the staff is prompt, efficient and super friendly! Best hometown-style Italian restaurant in town!

1  Thank BettyCP
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Probably the best Alfredo sauce I have ever had . Don t forget to look at the specials they are always good. If you have room ask about what they have for dessert A real great place with reasonable prices.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Joey's was a simple local Italian restaurant experience that we really enjoyed. Portions were huge (I had the pork chops pizzaola, my wife got the veal saltimboca, my daughter the pasta and meatballs) and the garlic bread is addictive. My wife ordered the pasta hats with a vodka cream sauce that was so good that we wiped the bowl clean and actually asked for the source of the pasta hats to get more. (it's Maria's pasta shop, which we visited the next day and loaded up with frozen pasta.) Our waitress was as friendly as anyone else in this tiny town...just a delight. Locals came up to our table and wished our daughter happy birthday as they left, after they brought a little treat and sang for her. Many were surprised that we found the place. It seems like a locals' secret. We are very glad we came.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Really quirky little place that could come straight out of small town Italy. Don't be afraid of the setting. It's fun to listen to all the Italian spoken and the food is wonderful, particularly the stew over spaghetti.

Been to Joey's? Share your experiences!