“Needs help” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Utica

Knights Inn Utica
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Utica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
ANAHEIM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Worst case scenario. This place was an absolute dump. I made my reservation by phone by calling the corporate reservation line, not the actual location. The customer service agent was very professional and friendly. I explained to her my needs (moving accross the country with a truck full of belongings) and she assured me that there were ground level rooms available to which I could back up my truck and unload my belongings. She called the location on my behalf and made the reservation. When I got there I, after i paid for the room, i came to realize that the motel is actually a welfare house full of welfare tenants, and no rooms with direct vehicle access to rooms available. There were so many skeezy people around lurking and watching me unload my truck that i felt that i was in danger. The room I was assigned had obvious signs of forced entry. It smelled terrible in the room. The criminal element loitering outside the building was intimidating and scary. After only a short time we decided to leave and continue on our way and instead stayed at a clean and tidy motel 6 an hour away in Albany. I admit that I didn't ask for a refund but the criminal element loitering outside the building and in the lobby was too much to face. I will never ever as long as I live stay in a Super 8 again. I have always liked staying at the Super 8 in Effingham Illinois but i will never stay at a Super 8 again. I would rather sleep in my truck. It's too bad for Super 8 because I stay in motels about two weeks a month and until now I thought super 8 was a reasonable choice among the alternatives, but now I will NEVER consider this chain again. I think Super8 should give me a refund. Since super 8 prompted me to write this review I am also going to email it the company CEO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family