“Great find”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great find”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time at this treasure in Utica. Seated outside looking over a picturesque river, the food is very good and the service very attentive. If you are in the area, this is well worth stopping over for.

New Hartford, New York
“Excellent food with a great gluten free menu”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in the Utica area. As someone with celiac, it is often a challenge to find restaurants that understand gluten free cooking. I am told that the chef's wife has celiac so he understands the chalenges of cooking gluten free. They also carry Bard's beer, which is gluten free. None of the GF beers are great, but Bards is a close second for those of us that can't drink regular beer.

Aside from that, they have a nice variety of excellent entrees. The service is always very good. Kala has been our waitress several times, and is very efficient. They have outdoor seating along the canal. The Erie Canal isn't always a great view, but better than being inside on a warn evening.

For those just passing by, it is located about 1 minute from the Utica exit on the NYS Thruway (I-90), so real easy to get to.

• Visited August 2014
Lyons Falls, New York
“Not even standard!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Such a disappointment. With a name like Aqua VINO - I was expecting them to have a serious wine list, NOT! WInes by the glass were marginal AT BEST! Seriously Sutter Home!! I guess you need to cater to the natives - WOW! The hostess was very sweet and so was our waiter. However, nothing to gush over. I wanted to try the Fried Meatballs since that was definitely a new experience...The meatballs were dry, but the peppers that they came with were delicious. Next came were the salads - very very standard - really why bother? We did get the bread which was very hard and had no taste - again - keep it! When I looked online I noticed that they had this white cream sauce smothering the top of the Seared Tuna so I asked if this could be put on the side and I wanted my Tuna to be RARE! Well thankfully they did put it on the side since this Coconut cream sauce was a very interesting choice to pair with Tuna and did not bring out any other flavor of the Tuna other than a strong coconut. The Tuna was not Rare it was medium, but I was really done at this point so I didn't send it back. My husband had the chicken w/Prosciutto which was overly breaded and was drowning in some type of bland sauce. Unless there is a huge change, we will never be back. There are too many other restaurants that are above standard.

4 Thank ReneeGourmet
Gulfport, Florida
“Nice atmosphere & service”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had always wanted to stop at this restaurant, since is on the water, & finally made it. We arrived early for dinner & were asked if we had a reservation. We did not, but were seated outdoors near the water which we wanted. It was nicely decorated with beautiful hanging baskets of petunias along the railings. We were only there for a light meal, but the menu was mainly dinner items. I had a cup of the seafood bisque that came with a fried crabcake. Both were very tastey. I also ordered a caesar salad that was huge with a generous amount of dressing on it. My husband had a pasta dinner with artichokes, peppers, & feta cheese. The portion was very large & came with a small dinner salad. They also provided us with a delicious crusty warm bread. Needless to say, we brought some of our food home in a box. The service was good & we will try to go back some time in the future when passing through Utica.

Babylon, New York
“Great time good food nice service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Liked the location very much, outdoor dining area was nice. The food was tasty and the amount was satisfying. Members of our party ordered the veal chop and said it was outstanding. The evening we went there was also a catered affair going on. We walked in on the event because the entrance to the main restaurant was not clear to us since this was our first time at the place. It was embarrassing to "crash" the other event. Once our mistake was realized when quickly found the alternate entrance. It would have been nice to have been told this when we made the reservations for our party of 12.

Visited June 2014