“Great food at reasonable prices”
Review of Mi Casa Restaurant

Mi Casa Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 212 Restaurants in Utica
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I located Mi Casa Restaurant with some great reviews and decided to give it a try and so happy I did.

The place inside was quiet but their take-out was busy. Cheryl greets us and we take a table.

Drink order is taken and Cheryl suggested their Clams in En Salsa De Casa sauce (Clams in a Tomato Garlic). Clams were large and plentiful.

Spouse enjoyed their Ave Marina chicken dish (Chicken Breast Stuffed with shrimps in a white sauce. Accompanied by a Pepper stuffed with yellow rice) and after enjoying the leftovers Monday night for dinner “Let’s go back to get more that was so good”

I DECIDED TO GO WITH THEIR CHURRASCO DELUXE(SKIRT (HANGER) STEAK AND SHRIMP DISH WITH THEIR EXTRA YUMMY MADUROS (FRIED SWEET PLANTAINS) - CAUTION THEY ARE SERVED VERY HOT. FOOD DISH WAS VERY GOOD WITH SALAD, LEFTOVERS FOR ME MONDAY.

Overall an excellent meal, great service and for the food reasonable prices. I would recommend for good Latin American food, Mi Casa.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed December 19, 2019 via mobile

Mofongo. It may be one of the most unappetizing words for a foodstuff that tastes far better than it actually looks, and I can say without hesitation that the mofongo at Mi Casa is the most delicious I have ever had.
My husband, mother and I popped into Mi Casa on Sunday for lunch, sick of the chain restaurants that seem to be the only venues open for Sunday lunch in Utica. The interior is bright and welcoming, with cheerful yellow walls and sturdy furniture. Mom had a glass of sauvignon blanc, Hubs and I both had bottles of Presidente, the Dominican Republic’s national pilsener—all good choices for the meals we ordered. Mom had two tacos, a beef and a chicken, the latter of which went home for her lunch on Monday. My husband chose a Chinese-inspired rice dish and I had mofongo con cerdo y queso. We also ordered a crepe de bistec to go for my sister who was fighting a cold at home.
Everything was delicious and our check totaled $58—-very good value for four delicious meals, three drinks and friendly service in an inviting little restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 9, 2019 via mobile

For a long time, the Utica area would support no ethnic cuisine restaurants...except Italian. That is no longer the case, and it's great to be able to enjoy eating in a place like this. Friends had been reccommending Mi Casa since it opened, and we finally got around to trying it !

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2019

Excellent food and service. We ordered the Ava Marina (main dish). It is a MUST try. Everything from the apps to the flan finish was absolutely outstanding.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 9, 2019

This was the first time at Mi Casa but it won't be the last. A very auspicious place with a comfortable interior, Mi Casa was a pleasant surprise. Our waitress, also the bar tender, was pleasant and knowledgeable in all the food choices. A Dominican flavor, we had the Mar de Amores (seafood Paella) which had been made for two. It was not only delicious but was beautifully presented. Our dining partners had the same. We were also treated to home made sangria that was out of this world!. Highly recommend you visit this restaurant on your travels to Utica, NY

Date of visit: October 2019

Been to Mi Casa Restaurant? Share your experiences!