TripAdvisor

Add it.
RoSo's Cafe and Catering
Ranked #95 of 223 Restaurants in Utica
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

I had a meeting in the building and my client mentioned the cafe on the 2nd floor.
Service was a bit disjointed. The first question to me was "did you call in an order?" I had not so question 2: "Do you know what you want?"
I finally was given a menu and found a great lunch combo quickly.

The counter is right next to the window to the kitchen where everything is made to order, from scratch. This makes it very easy for the counter staff to yell at the kitchen staff and vice versa. It's almost like a comedy sketch. Or maybe like being in someone's home and they forget they have guests. Some of this is because of the family relationships, some of it is their close proximity. Mostly, this is s small business, trying their best to be successful and not having time to focus on the little details, like customer service.
This is not intended to be negative, it's just an observation to help diners be prepared.
My lunch - a sandwich and pasta salad- was very good! I will definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2017
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Service was great, food was great and arrived quickly. Pretty quiet for discussing business matters and relaxing atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Very friendly lunch diner spot. Beet salad was an excellent side dish. Service was fast and friendly.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Great food, constantly changing specials. In the winter, everyone comes in for the delicious homemade soups. The crab and shrimp sliders are my favorite, but any of the wraps or salads are great too. Everything is fresh and made to order. Diane and her staff are terrific. We have used their back room for small meetings and parties, 12 maximum. They've done special picnic menus for staff appreciation lunches. We've ordered her wrap and sandwich trays for meetings. She sources many of her items locally and has Utica Coffee and they deliver locally.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed June 30, 2016

The food here was okay. I ordered a combo with 1/2 sandwich and 1/2 salad. The salad was very good--I ordered the Sophia which came with fresh pear slices, candied walnuts and feta cheese. For the sandwich, I had egg salad--wasn't a huge fan. There seemed to be more fillers (celery and carrots) than actual eggs in it and there was a lot of extra bread left over. My coworkers thought their food was just okay as well.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank MPHGirl23

Been to RoSo's Cafe and Catering? Share your experiences!