“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uniondale
CHARLESTON
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Accomodating and friendly staff. Good location. Room and bathroom up to date and kept clean. Would certainly stay there again. A very enjoyable Marriott. Catering staff did an excellent job as well taking care of the conference we were attending. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Turkish first
louisville, KY
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very good choice for business people who are doing business in this area or others going to the Colliseum next door.. Free parking. The gym is adequate with enough treadmills.
the concierge lounge is very good for breakfast. 5:30 pm appetizers, but liquor/wine is not cheap. The Marriott at Laguardia offers free drinks in the evening (no free parking there though).

The price runs from under $200 - $250.

the rooms are always clean and the employees at the front desk (kerry) and concierge lounge (lily and arthur) go out of their way to be accommodating.
the bar/restaurant is reasonably priced for hotel food and the staff is nice.
If you are Marriott gold or above and have access to the lounge, they provide free bottles of water and I sometimes go for a coffee and dessert in the evening (before 10pm).

Room Tip: I don't like the corner, odd shaped rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Catherine M, Executive Assistant at Long Island Marriott, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and always appreciate when specific staff are noted so we can recognize their hospitality during your stay.
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I generally choose renting a condo over a hotel stay for vacations, but was attending a wedding in Long Island for which a block of rooms had been set aside for out of town guests at this property for the weekend. I felt that I had to write a review specifically because I found the entire staff to be so well trained, accommodating and friendly that I thought they deserve kudos. The hotel itself is very nice (and very large) and I must say immaculately kept. The rooms are well appointed and extremely comfortable. It is however because of the staff - and I mean everyone on staff - that when I need to book a hotel room, my first choice will always be Marriott. The only only caveat is that I wish there was complimentary coffee in the lobby. There is a Starbucks, so that must be the reason why. Offer complimentary coffee to your guests and you will be a 10 for me. Hats off to Marriott who obviously hire staff based on their attitudes, train them well and keep them happy, because each and everyone was a pleasure to deal with. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Catherine M, Executive Assistant at Long Island Marriott, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! We take great pride in providing the level of service that Marriott is know for, and appreciate that your stay prompted you take the time to write this review.
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our room was clean, but rather small. The internet was super expensive. We had an unbelievably nasty coffee machine in our room (brewed dark water without any tea or coffee inserts--eeew). Also, the ancient thermostat took a lot of effort to change (really stubborn buttons).
The walls were also very thin between rooms, so I could hear the conversations and TV of the folks next door.
The staff was nice enough, but didn't stand out to me.
The gym was of a decent size and well-equipped, but the pool was in kind of a depressing/uninspiring space.
We stayed here because we were part of a wedding using the hotel as the home-base.

Green Features: Certainly talked-the-talk, but I have no way of knowing if they followed through.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny_in_Palo_Alto
Thank you for your review. We always strive to provide an excellent stay to all of our guests, I must apologize that we fell short on you recent stay with us. I will address your concerns with the Management Team as we are always working to offer the best product and service. Thank you.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed three nights at this hotel.The hotel is a typical Marriott experience: efficient, clean, excellent beds and bed linens, friendly personnel. As a whole, it was en excellent experience. Thank you Marriott!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Catherine M, Executive Assistant at Long Island Marriott, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am so glad that your stay was enjoyable, and that you experienced the Marriott Hospitality you are accustomed to.
We look forward to your next stay with us!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'm a big fan of Marriotts in general! This is an excellent hotel. Service is fast and friendly and the rooms are always clean and nice. My family has stayed here tons of times when coming to visit me at school and of all the hotels in the area, they would never stay anywhere else! My only only complaint is that my room was extremely warm and it was tough to cool it down. But other than that, great stay!

Room Tip: Speak up if your room is too warm! Someone will come and adjust it right away.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here for two nights in late March while on Long Island for a conference. Based on previous reviews, I requested and received a non-connecting room on a higher floor (the ninth). When I went to the room for the first time after check-in I could hear TV noise in the hallway from the room next door but heard nothing once inside. The room itself was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and there was a large supply of soft towels in the bathroom. My only complaint about the bath is that the tub did not drain well and the shower curtain flapped about so that I had to weigh it down by putting shampoo bottles, soap, etc. on the side of the tub. I did not eat in the restaurant but did have a perfectly fine (with the exception of the coffee) room service breakfast. The staff I encountered were helpful and efficient; not overly friendly but I don't have a problem with that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dt63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniondale
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Long Island Marriott? Share your experiences!