This area of Long Island is lacking in hotels, so the Marriott has little if any competition. Thankfully, this did not make a difference in the quality we are accustomed to from Marriott. The staff was helpful, the rooms clean and well appointed with comfortable beds, although the pillows could have been better. This is a very busy place, but that should be expected with this being the only accomdation available in this busy area.
The only frustrating incovenience occurred because we had to book by phone rather than internet. We have stayed in numerous Marriott hotels and, when needing to call the local hotel rather than book on line, we always were able to book with the local hotel.
This time I was switched to the central booking and it was frustrating, to say the least. I could barely hear the person I talked to when booking the rooms. It got worse when I had to call back to change the reservations. I again called the local hotel and was again switched to the central booking where I spoke with a person whose English was nearly unintelligible. I asked for a supervisor; same thing. We still could not understand each other. Where is Marriott's central booking??? Moral of the story, book on line if at all possible. I did finally get the local Marriott to deal with changing the reservation, but they totally messed it up in spite of telling me it was taken care of. They had us checked out one hour after checking in, rather than the two nights we booked. I know it's a busy hotel, but.... This is the first difficult time in a Marriott for us and once the reservations were straightened out, our stay was fine. Sadly, if we return to the area, there is nowhere else to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full-Service Long Island Marriott is located in the heart of Nassau County, conveniently situated near NYC, Roosevelt Field, Eisenhower Park, Hofstra University and many other top destinations. Our hotel in Uniondale, New York features 615 guest rooms, a 10,000 sq. ft. ballroom and 28,000 sq. ft. of meeting and banquet space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Long Island Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Island Marriott Hotel And Conference Center
- Long Island Marriott Hotel Uniondale
- Marriott Long Island
- Uniondale Marriott
- Marriott Uniondale