“Mostly Great”

Long Island Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uniondale
Reviewed September 23, 2011

The hotel, staff, room were all great. The room was spacious (we were upgrade to a corner suite) and clean and in good condition. The staff at the front desk and bell captains always greeted us with a smile and were EXTREMELY helpful with things like directions. The man who helped without luggage had a great attitude and again... very nice.
Unfortunately, the pack n play (their version of a crib) that was brought to our room for my baby was DISGUSTING. Actually disgusting doesn't begin to describe its condition. I have no words for it. There is no excuse for not throwing it away. Also, the sheets that were brought for use with the pack-n-play were regular sheets (not the type that fit snugly around the mattress to prevent likelihood of pulling up/SIDS). We ended up borrowing my cousins's packnplay who lived in the area. ThoughI'm sure they could've brought a fresh crib up to us, I had no faith that it was properly cleaned/stored.
Restaurants in the hotel were a nice plus.
We also used the hotel's laundry room... also veyr helpful when traveling as a family. it was busy, but a nice perk at a hotel to have the option.
In the end, yes, we woudl stay here again as the location worked out well for us and the free parking helped too. But, we would bringour own bedding for the baby!

Room Tip: ask if they have any suites available
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed a weekend at the Long Island Marriott in August for a friend's wedding. It was great! The rehearsal dinner was at the hotel on Friday night and the food was super. The sports bar in the lobby is a popular hangout as well. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and modern. The beds even have built-in LED reading lights.

Room Tip: All rooms should have a good view since there are no buildings close by. It's a rather large co...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 20 days for work. The hotel is a very busy hotel and always has airplane staff coming and going from this hotel. My check in was smooth but when I asked for a concierge card or suite because of the length of my stay and I am a Marriot club member, I was told thats not possible as I only had 8 prior hotel stays. The hotel has a Starbucks for the morning but then changes to a bar in the evening which is nice but very expensive. $3- for a coffee and $3- for a bagel. There is also a Champions Sports Bar in the hotel. Lots of tv's and sports always on. Great food, great service but very pricey. $7.06 for a bottled beer. I asked for a king size bed and I was given a double because they were busy but they never checked back in with me when one became available. I didn't ask but I think its called hospitality for a reason. The rooms is about $225- per night and your not getting too much for your money here. The cleaning staff is very nice but they differ from floor to floor when speaking with other colleagues. There are plenty of decent restaurants around this area but you have to drive to everything so be aware of that if you plan on leaving the hotel. Hofstra is very close to this hotel so a lot of the local bars are more for the college crowd. Its a good hotel but not one of the best cause of the price and they don't seem to go the extra mile to make your stay unforgettable.

Room Tip: There are balcony rooms on the corner but not sure how to get one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Although this hotel seems to be busy for the tourist world as well as the corporate world, they definitely know how to make you feel welcome and well pleased. The front desk staff was cordial, the restaurant staff was successful at our table, and the bartenders knew how to serve a cocktail. My room was clean and everything worked the way it was supposed to. Thanks Marriott staff of Uniondale NY!

Room Tip: Don't get there too much earlier than check in time.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a wonderful Marriott... but the Concierge lounge makes it extraordinary! We booked two separate stays here while we moved to Long Island and the concierge was our main attraction! They put out such a lovely breakfast spread and it's actually a really nice view out the window. The evening apps were always plentiful and we all loved the warm cookies before bed! Big big kudos to the concierge crew - always so friendly and definitely made us want to come back again and again! The room was clean and large for the price. Terrific pool and even the Champs restaurant was good. Highly recommend a stay here!

Room Tip: Corner room was LARGE and perfect for a family of four.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LdyLara
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I despise this hotel. Perhaps it's because I'm used to Southern hospitality, but this was the most underwhelming hotel I've ever stayed in. We came from out of town for a wedding and didn't realize this place is in the middle of nowhere. If you don't have a car, plan on taking expensive cab rides everywhere, especially if you don't feel like eating at one of their average, overpriced restaurants. I was told there wasn't a microwave in the entire hotel when I asked to heat up some leftovers, but I found a manager who was able to heat up my food for me. The staff is quick to tell you "no" without trying to find a solution to your problem. Wifi is $12.50 a day, which I think is ridiculous, and there's no complimentary breakfast. You'll pay out your nose for things that are standard at just about every other hotel. The beds were comfortable and the gym was very nice, but that's about it. This place is probably great if you're staying at Nassau Coliseum since they're right next to one another, but if you're just looking for a hotel, look somewhere else. I made an expensive mistake. In fact I don't think I'll ever come to Long Island again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2011

A few roommates from college got together to touch base and go to a concert. if you ever have to go to the Nassau Coliseum this is the place you want to stay. you can just walk through the gate to the side and head to the event and then back over afterwards- no long lines, no waiting in traffic- PRICELESS. The room was clean, the housekeeping staff was pleasant and efficient. The restaurant had very good food and so did room service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uniondale
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hampton Inn Garden City
Hampton Inn Garden City
#3 of 4 in Garden City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City

Been to Long Island Marriott? Share your experiences!