TripAdvisor
Ulster Park
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Jean’s place was exceptional in every way. Her flare for design is evident throughout. Her home was immaculate. Her personal touches and amenities were very thoughtful. The rooms were beautifully decorated and a very nice size. It was nice having a tv and ½ bath inside our own room. Jean was very welcoming and responsive to all communications. She is a wonderful cook and provided a delicious gourmet breakfast. We loved the ambiance. There is a beautiful porch with rockers and also a gorgeous “secret garden patio” out back which was delightful to sit in whether at night with a glass of wine or in the morning with a cup of coffee. Our stay could not have been better nor our host more hospitable. We will be sure to return one day.

Room tip: Every room is unique and beautiful!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jean D, Owner at Vacationhouse Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

I felt privileged to host such great people! I will try to out do myself next time with more delicious food! I am glad you enjoyed. Hugs to both out you!

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Our stay at Vacationhouse was pure joy. Friends from college celebrating our friend's son's wedding - we filled the house. Jean, our hostess, and her daughter, are running the most delightful and wonderful slice of heaven. My bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever experienced. Jean cooks with love. She had gone out of her way to prepare food that I could eat since I'm nearly vegan, sugar and gluten free. Everything she made was divine! Vegan zucchini bread, avocado omelettes, coconut yogurt fruit parfaits, beet oatmeal with fresh peaches, french pressed coffee! I'm not kidding! It's all true! Loved everything about my stay and would highly recommend it.

Room tip: the rooms had their own half bath. The full bath was in the hall, and we just took turns communicating when it was time to shower.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

I was privileged to be able to host such a great group of people from the wedding. It was wonderful to see such a nice group of friends who have been together forever, You gave me a great challenge being gluten free, vegan and sugar free. I discovered I can make great food with any challenge. We have eaten the dishes made for you several times since then and enjoyed them so very much. Thank you for helping me add to my collection of great eats. I hope you visit next time up in Hudson Valley. Hugs.