“Pleasant surprise, great dining experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Soups, American, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Charleston, South Carolina
“Pleasant surprise, great dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised tonight when we decided to try BIMAS new dining room for dinner. Dinner was outstanding! This is definitely not fast food or even related to their pizza place next door, this is very close to fine dining. My husband had the wild mushroom soup and said it was excellent, he also had their sirloin filet which was done just as he ordered plus it came with delicious potatoes au gratin. I ordered the chicken gorgonzola and it too was delicious. the apples flambé that we had for dessert were very good. We will definitely be back and we highly recommend this new addition to delicious dining in Tupper Lake. Oh yes, they have been approved for their beer and wine license so soon you will be able to order beer and wine, that will definitely complete the dining experience. I should add that the restaurant is well decorated in a tasteful Adirondack style, a pleasant quiet atmosphere.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Longlkburd

maryland
“Love It !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We brought a party of 9 to Bima's for dinner last week and had a wonderful dinner. Many of us had ordered different dinners which for the most part came out great. The Wild mushroom soup was a big hit....delicious! as well as the steamed clams. The Delmonico steak was very good...cooked to my taste. My husbands strip steak however was very tough. The salmon that was ordered was excellent . The lobster for the most part was good if but a little over cooked. And my grandson thought the pizza was great ! The atmosphere was wonderful. Now the only thing they really need to work on is the time it takes to get the food out. We had over an hour wait to receive our food. Luckily we were in no hurry... Its great to see this addition to Tupper Lake.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank mdgranny
Vestal, New York
“Bridging both worlds ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I ate at both the "fancy" sit-down Bima's and the takeout Bima's - both were excellent! I think they successfully bridge the gap between fine dining and deli takeout and it's great that Tupper Lake finally has such an option. Highly recommend when in Tupper Lake (not sure why it's only #6 ...).

• Visited May 2014
Upstate NY
“A superb experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at BIMA's on Friday. We started with the cream of mushroom soup - creamy, flavorful and chockful of mushrooms. Then came our entrees. I had the grilled salmon on orzo. My salmon had a buttery, crunchy crust, served over a plentiful amount of orzo and veggies - scrumptious! My SO had the prime rib. It was cooked just as he likes it and was a huge slab of meat. He has a hearty appetite, to say the least, and had a hard time to finish his meal. Needless to say, we had no room for dessert. Our server Ryane was friendly and attentive. Dinner for two came to $50 and was well worth the money. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated in the Adirondack style and tables are not crowded together. It' worth the trip to Tupper Lake just to dine at BIMA's.

Visited May 2014
Tupper Lake, New York
“Unusual in this Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have been eating Bima's pizza for a long while and think it is the best in the area! When I was still working, I would call ahead and pick up a Chef's Salad for my dinner.
But, two nights ago, we went in to their new dining room for a sit-down meal....well, I have to tell you, it is NOT fast food! Every item is prepared by Chef Magnus, TO ORDER!! So, if you are expecting food to be spooned out of the pot and run out to your table, forget it!
I started with Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup. OMG!! As usual, Magnus did a wonderful job on my soup...mine...as it was made just for me, as the customer. Okay, it was a bit of a wait, but, well worth it. Up here, in the woods, we are not used to waiting for our food, as people in civilization are. I might suggest that you check to see if they have a liquor license yet, and if not, bring your own bottle of wine, to enjot between courses!!
We then went on to the Fish Fry Special WOW! We had the biggest pieces of batter fried fish with a large serving of crusty French fries, cole slaw and tartar sauce.
For dessert, I had Creme Brulee`. The custard was the creamiest I have ever eaten, The "Brulee" wasthinbut crunchy and tasty! My SO had something called Apple Bombe Flambe`, I think. This was apple slices cooked in a "brandy" sauce, flamed and poured over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Our waitress seemed a bit inexperienced, but made up for it with her enthusiasm!! And, she loves her boss' cooking, too!
This will become part of our eating out routine for years to come!!

• Visited April 2014