“Big surprise-Seriously exceeded expectations!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tupper Lake
Shaheen's Adirondack Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tupper Lake
GreenLeadersGold level
Montreal, Canada
“Big surprise-Seriously exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I were meeting with friends in Rollin's Pond while they camped and wanted to sleep in a real bed. We found Shaheens on Tripadvisor. The reviews stated that it was clean and comfortable. Since we have traveled extensively we took " clean" with a grain of salt, but, it was SOOOOOO CLEAN!!!! IMMACULATE!!!!! Not a speck of dirt or disorder inside or out. Not even a cobweb! Unbelievable! The hosts were super pleasant and available. The room was spotless and smelled like wonderful laundry. The beds were so comfortable (I dare say new) and the pillows were just awesome. It seems as though the owners have their priorities straight. It is not a new Motel, yet it would rival most Hotels in terms of comfort and convenience. I will definitely tell everyone I know - even if I have to convince them to change their plans to include a stay at Shaheen's. Room #31 highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you are a travelling large family you can benefit from a super pool (cleanest I have ever seen...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank G M
liz6656, Owner at Shaheen's Adirondack Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear G M

Your appreciative comments certainly made our day! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your first time visit to Shaheen's Motel. It is so encouraging for us to know that you ranked our Motel so highly in comparison with other lodging properties. We do work hard to keep everything fresh and clean, comfortable, and updated for our guests to enjoy and when someone like yourself notices our efforts, it makes those efforts all worthwhile. Thanks also for recommending us to your friends. We hope to see you again; enjoy the rest of the summer season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Spring Lake, MI
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed three nights last month while visiting relatives in Tupper Lake. It was still out of season so the pool wasn't opened yet. The price was right, the beds were comfortable, there was coffee in the rooms and a continental breakfast was served in the office. Our main issue was that all the rooms are connected to each other and the doors between them are wooden so you can hear people talking, etc. For this reason, I can't recommend it for couples that need their...ahem...privacy. That, and the decor, is why I gave the rooms a low rating. The walls are cinder block that has been painted and there is some wood paneling. The shower was a little tricky to figure out/start. But, this seems to be a popular place. At least one of the nights they had their 'no vacancy' sign on.

Room Tip: We brought our own pillows.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank beej55
liz6656, Owner at Shaheen's Adirondack Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest: Thanks for your review and comments. We hope you had a wonderful time visiting your family in Tupper Lake. We were happy to read you appreciate the value of our amenities and found your bed so comfortable. We are sorry you had trouble with the shower, please on your next visit don't hesitate to make us aware of any concerns you have so that we can address them and help rectify them. Of the 31 rooms we have here at Shaheen's, we have only 3 sets of adjoining (connecting) rooms. Most often these rooms are requested and enjoyed by families and/or couples traveling together. Many of our repeat guests have their favorite room, each person finding their unique likes which makes them feel at home. So sorry this room did not work for you. We hope we can encourage you to visit us again and experience another unit more suitable for your travels. We have finally gotten some warmer weather up here in the North Country which has allowed us to get our outdoor pool opened. Have a great summer!
Central NY State
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Shaheens for one night in May. We were passing through Tupper Lake and decided to stop for the night. Stopped at Shaheens because 1) it looked clean and 2) had the most cars in the parking lot. It was an excellent choice.

Very friendly staff (family-run business, I am assuming), very reasonable rates for a last minute stay (with tax it was about $75), and a VERY clean and VERY comfortable room. I don't think I've ever stayed in a motel/hotel that was this clean and I've traveled alot.

Beds were excellent, bathroom was roomy, there was a good sized frig and microwave in the room.

We had dinner down the road at "Little Italy." Another winner in town (I'll do a seperate review of that place.)

A nice breakfast was included in the price. Nothing fancy, but very satisfying for me. Fresh coffee, OJ, bagels, muffins, oatmeal, and donuts.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this place for anyone traveling in the Adirondacks. It was a definate gem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you so much for your review and positive comments! Its so encouraging when a guest takes the time to let us know they were so pleased with their overnight stay with us. As a family owned motel, we strive to always provide a clean and comfortable property at a reasonable rate while offering amenities such as a free continental breakfast to jump start your morning. We hope you will stop and stay with us again should your travels take you through Tupper Lake in the future.
Whitesboro, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at Shaheen's Motel for five nights in April. The room was spotless when I arrived and was kept that way throughout my stay. It was large and spacious. I appreciated the refrigerator and microwave very much! My only concern was that the bed was not just firm (which I like) but hard. Otherwise, it was a great place to stay, and I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NYTinkerbell3
Fairport, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was driving to Lake Placid from Rochester, NY and decided to stay at the Shaheen's Motel. Nestled only 35 minutes from Lake Placid, this cozy motel was comfortable and cheap! The staff was super friendly and accommodating. Didn't charge for late check out and got our room heated before we arrived. The bathrooms and decor are stuck in the 60's, but for 65.00 a night... you can't go wrong! Would stay again and would recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CassieJ355
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent five weeks touring Canada and the U.S and this was by far the best stay we had. The
owners are very pleasant the rooms are very very clean and the surroundings are lovely. Good
Restaurants and good food
Margaret Salkeld Abingdon on Thames United Kingdom

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank margaret-oxon
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I have stayed twice at Shaheen's, both times winding our way back through the Adirondacks from the 1000 Islands to my family in Massachusetts.

There are so many warm feelings I have about this place, I'm not sure where to begin.

Here's my top 5

1. $84 October 2012
2. Watching a truly family-run motel and thinking how hard that must be.
3. Watching a truly family-run motel and thinking how satisfying that must be.
4. Great convenient location for a single night in transit or a week plus with connecting routes throughout the Adirondacks.
5. Talking with wife as we ferried from Ticonderoga to Vermont, we agreed that Shaheen's had rescued us from a miserable post-vacation drive through Canton and Ogdensburg detours.
This is simply a wonderful place. Yes, breakfast could be a little better, but I totally trust the owners' judgment about what they offer at an amazingly good price.

• Stayed October 2012
Lake Placid Lodge
#9 of 31 in Lake Placid
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa

Been to Shaheen's Adirondack Inn? Share your experiences!