“A Pleasant Surprise”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tupper Lake
Shaheen's Adirondack Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tupper Lake
GreenLeadersGold level
Boulder, Colorado
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This motel was a pleasant surprise. The accommodations were as good as any chain but with a much more affordable price than staying at Saranac Lake. We had a refrigerator, a microwave, spacious room, and comfortable beds. The owners were friendly, it is centrally located and is quite close to The Wild Center (a worthwhile stop) and close to Saranac Lake. One negative is that the walls were thin and we could hear talking in the room next door. Thankfully we had quiet neighbors. Breakfast offered tasty muffins, a few bagels and not much else. I made the mistake of leaving some clothes in the room, and was immediately phoned by the owner who promptly mailed the items to me. They were under no obligation to call me or to go out of their way to return the items to me, and for that, I am deeply appreciative. I would definitely recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronald K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Southington, Connecticut
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at Shaheen's Motel and enjoyed it . Clean, quiet and very moderate in price. They featured a pleasent continental breakfast each morning. Word of warning for people traveling with pets, they are not alowed to stay there.

Room Tip: There are 2 handicapped rooms which have a ramp into the front door of the room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mersm
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stopped at Shaheen's for 2 nights while on a hiking trip in Adirondacks with my wife and 14 and 12 year old. Got a family room with lots of space to unwind, very comfortable beds (A pleasant surprise which was not expected given the low price!). Motel is quiet despite being on the highway, breakfast was bagels, toast and cereal, pool was clean. Staff were helpful. The Wild Centre is within walking distance (1/2 km) and worth the trip. Would stay here again rather than pay Lake Placid prices. And there are some beautiful canoeing and climbing areas around Tupper Lake.

Room Tip: Requested 'Family Room' had extra space with sofa, not sure if all 4 person rooms have this.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TorontoDaveH
Jermyn
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Well after 3 days on the bike, it was time to stop again for a good nites rest...(in which we did not have in the last 2 stops) we came across this great place in Tupper lake.. I couldn't believe how spotless this room was...and the owners were so wonderful.... the rooms are perfect! everything is so so clean... It was a pleasure staying there and I would HIGHLY recommend this property !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank minorbird79
Olean, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Came in for a wedding after a long, not easy, trip from Portland Maine and loved our two day stay @ Saheeen's. A friend of mine made the arrangements so my wife and I came in blind to this Motel. Our room was out back, VERY clean, private, and the bathroom was a reminder of trips I took as a kid before big box hotels. The sliding shower door punctuated the experience of a well kept historic Motel of the past. We met up with 3 other families at Shaheen's and when dinner time came we walked into Tupper to eat at a nice Italian Restaraunt called Little Italy under a mile away. With a reservation they were able to set us up in a small room just for our party of 10. You will want to have cash as they did not accept credit/debit cards.
Shaheen's is close to The Wild Center, a museum, aquarium, and learning center; that was also to site of the wedding/reception we were in town for. Shaheen's also is next to a fish fry Restaraunt that opened its doors for us to have a late night cocktail after the reception.

With the well kept rooms, large outdoor pool, continental breakfast, close to restaraunts, and The Wild Center just down the road Shaheen's had more than what we were expecting.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kfwelch
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was in town for only one evening. I had to pick up my daughter in Lake Placid at 10:00 a.m., so it made sense to me to stay in a Near-to-Lake-Placid accommodation that wasn't so expensive. I was very pleased with this choice.

The motel has been around for a while, it's evident by the paneling on the walls of the rooms. But everything is VERY CLEAN and well kept up. The WiFi was flawless. The TV was great (lots of channels!).

If I had a quibble, it would be with regards to the hardness of the mattress and pillows. I didn't sleep that well and woke up with a stiff neck and shoulders. I WOULD stay here again, but bring my own pillows.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bloomfield, NY
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Shaheens family-owned motel is clean and quiet. Our room had a table overlooking woods where we enjoyed planning our daily trips. The 'fridge kept our water and fruit cold for our lunch.. We stayed here 3 days and would stay here again. The continental breakfast nook was a nice start to our day. In the evening, we ate at "Little Italy" and would recommend this restaurant...great Italian food with friendly servers. We enjoyed walking on the sidewalks outside the motel in the evening. .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Placid Lodge
#9 of 31 in Lake Placid
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa

Been to Shaheen's Adirondack Inn? Share your experiences!