“Comfort food diner”

The Swiss Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Tupper Lake
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 30, 2014

After a 4 hour drive, I was ready for some diner style food. The Swiss Kitchen is a Main Street diner, full of local memorabilia and old photos. My test of good diner comfort food is a hot turkey sandwich. It did not disappoint. Real everything- mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy, and the required but often overlooked little cup of cranberry sauce. They also throw on some corn bread dressing. Great service, even though I arrived at the end of a busy lunch hour. My lunch including g a large ice tea was under $10.

1  Thank Kathryn C

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The breakfast was large and a good value. I am less enthusiastic about lunch (overcooked burger but decent soup). Service was friendly and you can eat with and feel like a local.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Friendly atmosphere, good food and good service. Reasonably priced and plenty of choices. Clean roomy and a step back in time.

1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a very good breakfast at this diner. Good selection of breakfast items. Service was a little off- took a while to get our order and beverages. The food came out cooked well, hot and with a good portion size. Full of good flavor. We did not go away hungry. The diner has a wall of photos and other mountain themed decor. Interesting to read and look at while we waited. We enjoyed our meal and will return when we are back in the area.

The restaurant may be renamed, but we found it by the sign saying The Swiss Kitchen with a Swiss boy and girl on the front. You won't miss it! Plenty of street parking.

Take a trip to the Wild Center just up the road!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Based on reviews, we ate breakfast at the Swiss Kitchen (also known as Reandeau's) on our way out of town. The place was packed, but we got seats at the counter. For a diner, the service was slow....it took several minutes to even get a cup of coffee. Although our order was not complicated (blueberry pancakes and bacon for me, eggs, bacon, and toast for my wife), it took fully 20-25 minutes for it to arrive. The pancakes were full of blueberries, and cooked just right. I liked the fact that I had the option of ordering a full stack (3), or just one or two. Two were plenty. The bacon was not quite crispy, and sort of greasy. I left some behind. My wife seemed to enjoy all of her meal, however, with eggs cooked just right. Maybe if we weren't strangers we might have been served faster, or maybe Sunday morning is a hectic time, but most diners I've been to are a lot quicker. We both found the temperature way too warm inside, although it was a perfect day outside. Need to open a door or window!