“A local gem.”

The Swiss Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Tupper Lake
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant is a small family run business. Fresh pies made by the sister of the owner. Turkey for sandwiches are real roasted turkey. Great value. Hours limited to breakfast & lunch on most day. Always busy. Sometimes it can be tough to find a spot to sit down in the restaurant.

2  Thank rrpd

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went here based on a recommendation from a recommendation. It's a diner that has seen many many years. It's quaint and fits the Upstate NY mountain vibe. The waitresses were both really cute and nice to us. They both talked and served us so we didn't really know who exactly was waiting on us and it was nice that they didn't ignore us because we were obviously not locals. You knew who the locals were when eating here. The food was AMAZING. I wasn't really hungry but after I was done I was ready for a second helping because my meal MADE me have an appetite. My mother said the same thing about her meal. We were very pleasantly surprised and I would recommend to any staying in Tupper Lake.

1  Thank A K
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This restaurant is not your "average" diner. The food is homemade and served in generous portions. The beef patties are made by hand and come from the local butcher shop. The turkey dinner is the read deal - not turkey loaf - but the absolute best food is the blueberry pancakes which (as all reakfast items) are served all day - every day. I have eaten at this restaurant for over 10 years and never have had a bad meal there. As a matter of fact, once, when I over salted my eggs, they replaced them - free of charge. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Service is always good.

2  Thank Chugboogle