“Sunset Park Motel - Now and Always”
Review of Sunset Park Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tupper Lake
Sunset Park Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Tupper Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I'm 64 year old retired NYC teacher. I've been going to Tupper Lake to fish and vacation since the late 1960's. My friends and I have ALWAYS stayed at the Sunset Park Motel. Location, location, location. Right on the lake for good fishing with boat rentals and next to a park and a short distance to food shopping. This week I will be staying with my dogs in the same room I rented with my buddies in the late 60's. Great memories and the rooms are as clean and well kept as I remember back in the day. Tupper lake makes a great starting point for exploring the Adacks. Prices are reasonable and the location is beautiful. Wouldn't stay anywhere else when I'm in this area.

Room Tip: I try to stay in the eff. rooms, 5 6 or 7 so I can eat some meals in. All rooms have great views of...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Frank H

Reviewed September 28, 2013

A modest looking motel on the lake shore, but it really is a hidden gem. Little beach, boats for rent and beautiful view of the lake from your room or feet away from your room. We had a room with a small kitchen, you can eat on the lake edge or use the BBQ here.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank 121bw
Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the few motels directly on Tupper Lake is the Sunset Park Motel, right next to the municipal park. As we rode through the viillage (a typical Adirondack town that saw it's heyday back in the logging times), the town is rather dumpy. OK, it's depressing. Every motel had a sign out front that said "Welcome Bikers". Being bikers, I thought we had missed a rally or something, When I checked in, I asked the owner about it. he said that no rally was going on, but many bikers pass though the village, and they welcome the business. What a nice change from snooty Lake Placid!! Don't let the surroundings fool you - this place is a gem. Once you open the door to the rooms, you're greeted with a HUGE picture window that overlooks the lake, and the sunset does happen right outside your window. The rooms are clean, bright, and inviting. Everything, from the buildings to the grounds are extremely well maintained. The kitchenette had (it looked like to me) all new dishes, pans, silverware, etc. The owners obviously had a tremendous sense of pride in their business, and it shows. They have a sandy beach, and boats you can rent at very reasonable prices. The town itself doesn't have a lot to offer, but the motel's location is about 20-30 miles from Saranac lake and Lake Placid, which make for nice day trips. Stay here, and cruise the Adirondacks.. it's a great place, well worth the money.

4  Thank NH_Scruffy
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This modest-looking motel on the north side of Tupper Lake doesn't look like anything special from the road. When you open the door to your room, the lake is right there, outside a picture window. There is a sandy beach and a boat dock as part of the motel, and the small room included a microwave, refrigerator, TV, and free wireless access. What more could you want. The double bed was fairly comfortable. We enjoyed sitting on Adirondack chairs outside our room right on the lake, and I confess I fed the numerous ducks who came quacking up. Kids would love this place (although you'd definitely need a second room). Very nice place for a casual visit at a reasonable cost. Nothing extravagant, but very pleasant.

4  Thank superchemist1
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I got in late to Tupper Lake on a Sunday night, and the owners were able to give us the last room. It was a blessing. We had room 409, which for us was absolutely perfect. Small, but extremely clean. A beautiful bay window to gaze on Tupper Lake, a cozy, clean bathroom, microwave, fridge, tv, and a great bed-firm, and extremely clean; as if it were brand new matresses! The area was clean and quiet, and we nary heard a peep out of any other guests. This was an absolutely lovely find, and we recommend it to anyone who loves focusing more on the experience and simplicity the Adirondacks bring. This lovely motel was, quite frankly, cleaner, and more personable than a Holiday Inn we stayed at days earlier in Malone. You won't be sorry, it is a very peaceful experience.

Room Tip: If you like economy, small and simple (as we do), the smallest rooms usually are the last to fill up...
3  Thank LillyJoy75
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Checking in and out was easy. Very friendly owners who bend over backwards to provide what they can to satisfy your needs.

Rooms are basic but provide all the amenities including microwave, fridge, sink, dishes.

This motel is on the shores of the lake and you can rent small motorboats from the motel to tour the lake.

You can also bring your own boat and tie it up at the dock.

The atmosphere is very friendly and this is a great stepping off location to do boating, fishing, touring, hiking etc.

Rates are reasonable as compared to Saranac Lake or Lake Placid which are within half an hours drive of Tupper Lake.

I will definitely stay here again f I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank mslade
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had room 403 for at least 3 nights and we loved it. It was clean & big but they do not provide tissues (I'm allergic to all kinds of things and tissues would have been nice). The view of the lake and sunset were wonderful.

We came back a few days after and got a room at the end of the motel which was not so spacious or nice (409 I believe but I'm not sure). My rating is based on room 403 and not the other room.

Anyway, the motel is nice and the price is reasonable and the owners very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
#13 of 31 in Lake Placid
Lake Placid Summit Hotel
Lake Placid Summit Hotel
#28 of 31 in Lake Placid

Been to Sunset Park Motel? Share your experiences!