“Great hotel in small town America”

Best Western Tully Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tully
Massachusetts
“Great hotel in small town America”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times. I like the small town feeling as well as the farm fields directly across the street. It is close to the Labrador Unique Area , a beautiful wooded conservation area that has Tinker Water Falls. We could stay at a hotel closer to our destination but prefer this one. The hotel is nicely maintained and is comfortable. One hint, get to complimentary breakfast by 9 a.m. as we found that they didn't restock the last half hour and were out of bananas, yogurt, and milk,

Room Tip: Don't wait for the last half hour for breakfast!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
union
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have stayed at the Tully Inn (on I-81, just south of Syracuse, NY) a few times in the past. Each time the dog-friendly hotel was a pleasant stay. In the last year it seems they rethought many of the amenities and upgraded virtually all of the details. From quality mattresses, soft feather-like pillows, really nice tun and shower to a very comfortable a well-stocked breakfast.
I rarely give anything 5 stars, but I think this one(with an $88/night price) deserves it

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank john n
Upstate New York
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have stayed at the Tully Best Western an average of once per year since 2001--about a dozen times in all. My first time was Thanksgiving 2001, and the last time was on my 52nd b-day, last month. In April, the desk worker was sincere and helpful, as well as a good conversationalist. He was attentive to my mother's needs (she is a senior). I have found the desk staff to be consistently helpful. Our room was comfortable and spacious, and the motel was generous with bath accessories.

The only drawback is that noisy stragglers sometimes come in late at night, but that is more a function of guest behavior than the motel.

The motel is a good place to land if you don't want to fight the traffic of metropolitan Syracuse.

Room Tip: A room toward the middle of the motel, if available, may be helpful if you want to avoid the noise...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Holbrook, NY
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family traveled up to Cazenovia, NY for the weekend to visit the college for their "Accepted Students Open House" for my stepdaughter. This seemed to be the closest, best priced hotel in the area (especially with AAA), and was right on our route from Long Island to the college. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and the complimentary breakfast was adequate enough.
My husband was very happy with the room, inasmuch as there were plenty of outlets all around the room to plug in his gadgets to charge. We may have sacrificed a couple of lamps, but it was nice that we had the option. We also had access to free WiFi, which was great.
The only problem I would mention is that the breakfast room is a little on the small side. For the number of people that were staying at the hotel, Saturday morning's breakfast was very crowded, with very few people being able to sit at a table to eat. Maybe 8:00am was a popular time to hit the breakfast room, so future travelers should be aware that they need to be flexible with breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank willowisp27
Ottawa
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We only stayed one night but we found the bed very comfortable and we both had a very good sleep. On the negative side, we found the walls very thin and we could hear people having a normal conversation in the room next door. Also, we would have like cereals with less sugar. There were only 2 kinds and they were the very sugary kind like Corn Pops. However we had a good sleep which was the most important..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SergeOttawa
Rondeau
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

After 2 1/2 days of travel, during which I stayed in a very nice Best Western in both Lexington, Virginia and Richmond Hill, Georgia, I was very disappointed to find that there was no fridge for my cooler items or microwave to heat up some food that I had with me. Both of the other Best Western hotels had them. The staff are nice and the room clean, but this is a real problem for me and I would not have stayed here if I had known.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tully
Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Cortland
#5 of 10 in Cortland
Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Cortland

Been to Best Western Tully Inn? Share your experiences!