“Great B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
The Inn at Gothic Eves
Ranked #2 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
OZ
“Great B & B”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Inn was recommended to us by a friend. Perfect for our Anniversary get away. A Great cozy Inn with lots of charm. The owner , Rose , was very helpful with tips on the area and makes an awesome locally sourced breakfast served with some great locally sourced conversation. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil G
Rosebandb, Owner at The Inn at Gothic Eves, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Most people do not have friends to personally recommend an Inn to stay. Thank you for doing the next best thing, passing your comments on about your experience at my Inn for future guests to read on TripAdvisor. I take every winter to update and improve the Inn. This winter is no different. I believe this is the best way to keep the Inn current to guests needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cortlandt Manor, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Not our first B&B but so far the best. We stayed at this inn only for one night but will definitely find an excuse to come back. It was a stop on our long trip home from daughter's college. Rose (owner) was so personable and is eager to make you feel like it's your place while you're there. Breakfast was made with so much love; local farm fresh ingredients made into down home yummy omelettes, apple crisp, awesome French press coffee, etc. I am new to being gluten free but Rose was able to accommodate my dietary needs. The rooms are gorgeous, cozy, charming with slanted ceilings and new paint and floor finishes. Surrounded by wineries, it's a great get-away. Like I said, I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer H
I appreciate your comments and I am sure that future guests will enjoy them as well. It is flattering to be the best of the B&Bs that you have experienced. I love making breakfast and it has become an obsession to see if I can make each breakfast as much local and organic as possible. I have been gluten free for 3 years and it has changed my life in many ways so I am accommodating to dietary needs because I know what it has done for me.
Manlius, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We chose the Inn at Gothic Eves to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We stayed two nights are and it was very unique. Rose is a great host and very interesting; sharing her passion for fresh, organic cooking. The house is beautifully decorated and immaculate. Cozy sitting areas to relax. We scheduled a 1 hr. message. Best message ever, nice relaxing room message area for it. Cozy bedding, We met interesting people and had very enjoyable conversations around the table during breakfast. Rose could not be more accommodating. I look forward to going back just to have fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs from her garden and learn more about how she uses them to cook great meals.

Room Tip: Up and downstairs rooms. For more privacy choose upstairs.. Some rooms smaller than others.
1 Thank Lisa H
Thank you for you review. Yes, the Inn has 8 suites and they are different in size and amenities. The prices reflect the differences as well. I have just opened two spa rooms so guests have a unique and dedicated area for massages. This allows the massages to occur most any time during the day and evening and not be bothered by the comings and goings of the other guests. The rooms both have stone walls and they are large and also have relaxing areas to rest in. I look forward to seeing you again.
Winchester, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We found The Inn at Gothic Eves when we had trouble getting into a hotel in Ithaca for our son's college drop-off day. It turned out to be a lucky find! We adore Rose and her warm and welcoming inn. The B&B is spotless, beautifully decorated, and very comfortable. Rooms are well equipped with hair dryers, glasses and mugs, coffeemakers and fridges (in some cases), VERY comfy beds and pillows, and even bedtime chocolates. Breakfasts are homemade from locally sourced and organic ingredients--fresh and delicious. We have stayed twice and loved both the Chardonnay and Cayuga Suites. One thing I didn't love was the small sink with separate hot/cold faucets in the Cayuga Suite. But the sitting room with the comfy couch, cozy throw and gas stove more than made up for that! People have commented on road noise but on our two visits I never noticed it, and slept like a log (which is unusual for me in new settings). Rose will go out of her way to make your stay comfortable, and was extremely kind and accommodating when we had to do some room upheaval to search for a dropped ring (which she found!). We will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Inn. It is difficult for travelers to determine if an Inn is going to satisfy their travel needs. I have not always been pleased with the outcome when I have traveled too. Hotels may not be the best but they are at least consistent in most cases. When you are able to find an Inn with high standards and consistent practices, it is so much better than an Hotel. I look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in town.
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Gothic Eves in Trumansburg was the final stop for our group of four South African friends touring the US.... and what a treat it was. The setting and accommodation was excellent (we shared the 2 bedroomed cottage) and was as advertised. Pleasing decor, crisp white linen, good quality products in the bathroom, a hairdryer that actually worked well and even a make-up removing wipe for us ladies. Breakfast became the highlight of our day and we could not wait to see what creation Rose would come up with this time. We were there for four days and had a different breakfast every time. It was always beautifully presented, but the fresh local organic products ensured that the taste was unbeatable. Trumansburg is in the heart of the finger lakes district and is a good base for exploring the area. I am glad that we decided on Trumansburg rather than the bigger and busier Ithaca. Rose, thanks very much for making this a great finale to our trip.

Room Tip: The smaller room in the two bedroomed cottage had insufficient storage and no hanging space for clot...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I enjoy my guests and I am not always sure that my services will stand up to international travelers. Thank you for reviewing the Inn and giving some feedback to those travelers coming from so far away. Breakfast is my favorite time of day and I enjoy coming up with new ideas. Yesterday, I roasted some delicata squash, and layered it with some spicy sausage, poached egg and salsa and toast. I served this with my homemade jams and an apple crisp. I still have apples from my tree and at least once a week, I am serving it. I may be able to go through most of december too. Thanks for the review
Endicott, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a short weekend getaway not too far away from our home. We chose the Ithaca area and looked for a place to stay. Nothing in Ithaca met our criteria, so we looked at The Inn at Gothic Eves. I would highly recommend a stay here. The rooms were very nice and clean. The service was wonderful and we really enjoyed sitting outside and relaxing reading our books after doing some hiking on our second day. The only thing that I would have asked to be done differently, is to have a second, lower calorie option for breakfast. That said, both days, the breakfast was awesome - just a little calorie heavy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback on the lower calorie option. The one idea that I could keep in stock was a granola, yogurt and fruit dish.
Long Valley, New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was our second stay at Gothic Eves and we highly recommend this wonderful B&B. Rose is a super gracious hostess and makes everyone feel at home and taken care of. We stayed in the Chardonnay Suite and it was so cozy. Breakfast was generous, delicious and, as much as possible, local and organic, which we definitely appreciate. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: If you like a king bed, the Chardonnay suite is great. Very comfortable bed and a sofa too for watc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumansburg
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,161 reviews
Inn at Taughannock
Inn at Taughannock
#5 of 9 in Trumansburg

Been to The Inn at Gothic Eves? Share your experiences!