“Very welcoming and relaxing!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
The Inn at Gothic Eves
Ranked #2 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
rochester, ny
“Very welcoming and relaxing!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I desperately needed a day/night of stress-free rest and relaxation. More than that, I was looking for a place where I could be pampered a bit. Given that I had only a few free days (fall break at the university where I teach), I was looking for a getaway without getting too far away. Gothic Eves fill the bill. Brandon gave me a wonderful massage, the hot tub was heavenly, and Rose's cooking is fantastic. Breakfast was a treat - very nicely prepared and presented. Rose is charming and welcoming. I would go back just to visit her! He staff are equally as friendly and helpful. My only wish would be that the restaurants in town would stay open during the week. The only one that seemed worth going to (on a Tuesday) was closed, so I had to drive to Ithaca. The restaurant there was fantastic, but I might have wanted to stay closer to the Inn.. especially after the massage and hot tub made me feel SO relaxed..

Room Tip: If you have the resources, I would suggest staying in one of the rooms on the upper floor, or in the...
Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Gothic Eves -- VERY clean house & rooms (which I'm very picky about!!), amazing breakfasts every day, and perfect location right in between Ithaca and the Cayuga wine trail. The Merlot room was spacious and sparkling, and has the most incredible, humungous window overlooking the backyard -- new sturdy ceiling fan and large bathroom with stall shower & makeup vanity/sitting area, too! If you have time, definitely make a reservation at Hazelnut Kitchen, just a 5 minute walk down the road! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tappan, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn while visiting our son at Ithaca College. This was a welcome change from staying at one of the local Ithaca hotels. Rose was a very gracious host. She made us feel very much at home. She was knowledgeable about the area and recommended places for dinner as well as some local wineries. Though our room was small, we were happy with the accommodations. Breakfast included an omelet with feta cheese and swisschard as well as fresh apple crisp. We met some lovely people at breakfast - too bad we only stayed one night! The weather was beautiful, and I'm glad we were able to visit the wineries on the Cayuga Lake wine trail and take in the beautiful scenery. I love to take photos, so keep this in mind when visiting the area - a lot of picture-taking opportunities..We will definitely return to the Inn at Gothic Eves!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Riesling which is the smallest room, I believe..but quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was in the Ithaca area for four nights on a combined business/pleasure trip. Rather than stay in Ithaca my finger drifted north and I checked out the B & B listings in Trumansburg. I simply called a couple and Rose was very engaging and professional on the phone and her prices were reasonable. My room was neat, tidy and very charming. Rose served fabulous breakfasts with all the elements acquired locally. She gave me great advice on places to see and was very conversational. The other guests were wonderful to visit with and I'd recommend The Inn at Gothic Eves as a five star without hesitation. Rose has successfully operated this B & B for many years, expanded and it's obvious why she is such a successful business woman. I'm a successful insurance agent and Rose embraces my most important principle and that's service first.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Monkton, Maryland
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I are a semi-retired couple who enjoy traveling and meeting new people. We had an extremenly enjoyable stay at The Inn at Gothic Eves. It is very conviently located in the quaint town of Trumansburg, NY in the beautiful Finger Lakes area. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Rose, the inkeeper, had many great suggestions for enjoying our stay. Rose always fixed us a delicious breakfast using local food including apples from her back yard. I will gladly recommend a stay at this lovely historic B&B. You will not be disappointed.

Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Gothic Eves. The room was very nice, clean, and updated and the bed was extremely comfortable. The body sprays in the shower were an added bonus! Rose is very nice and helpful. Upon arrival she gave us maps, brochures, and other types of information on the area and things to do, which we found very useful. Her breakfasts are amazing! Everything is delicious and she uses mostly local, healthy, organic ingredients. The location of the inn is perfect. It is only a short drive to several parks with gorges and waterfalls, Ithaca, and wineries. We highly recommend dinner at the Hazelnut Kitchen, which is just a quick walk into town. We highly recommend this B&B!

Freeland, Maryland, USA
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We are frequent fliers at B&B's; it's an anniversay tradition. We chose this inn based on price point, location and Trip Advisor reviews. This Inn met all our expectations. Trumansburg is peaceful, quiet, safe, "Norman Rockwell" small town USA and the main strip is walkable from the Inn. There are several and varied dinning options and small boutiques in town. In general, the location is central to Watkins Glen and Ithica which both are about a 20 minute drive. Rose is a delightful person and passionate about her work. Breakfast was an organic gourmet treat. The Inn itself was well kept, clean and neat.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Merlot Suite. It is a small room but very comforatble and met all our needs. You o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumansburg
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Inn at Taughannock
Inn at Taughannock
#5 of 9 in Trumansburg
La Tourelle Hotel, Bistro, Spa

Been to The Inn at Gothic Eves? Share your experiences!