“Great stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
The Inn at Gothic Eves
Ranked #2 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, PA
“Great stay!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Gothic Eves -- VERY clean house & rooms (which I'm very picky about!!), amazing breakfasts every day, and perfect location right in between Ithaca and the Cayuga wine trail. The Merlot room was spacious and sparkling, and has the most incredible, humungous window overlooking the backyard -- new sturdy ceiling fan and large bathroom with stall shower & makeup vanity/sitting area, too! If you have time, definitely make a reservation at Hazelnut Kitchen, just a 5 minute walk down the road! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tappan, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn while visiting our son at Ithaca College. This was a welcome change from staying at one of the local Ithaca hotels. Rose was a very gracious host. She made us feel very much at home. She was knowledgeable about the area and recommended places for dinner as well as some local wineries. Though our room was small, we were happy with the accommodations. Breakfast included an omelet with feta cheese and swisschard as well as fresh apple crisp. We met some lovely people at breakfast - too bad we only stayed one night! The weather was beautiful, and I'm glad we were able to visit the wineries on the Cayuga Lake wine trail and take in the beautiful scenery. I love to take photos, so keep this in mind when visiting the area - a lot of picture-taking opportunities..We will definitely return to the Inn at Gothic Eves!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Riesling which is the smallest room, I believe..but quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was in the Ithaca area for four nights on a combined business/pleasure trip. Rather than stay in Ithaca my finger drifted north and I checked out the B & B listings in Trumansburg. I simply called a couple and Rose was very engaging and professional on the phone and her prices were reasonable. My room was neat, tidy and very charming. Rose served fabulous breakfasts with all the elements acquired locally. She gave me great advice on places to see and was very conversational. The other guests were wonderful to visit with and I'd recommend The Inn at Gothic Eves as a five star without hesitation. Rose has successfully operated this B & B for many years, expanded and it's obvious why she is such a successful business woman. I'm a successful insurance agent and Rose embraces my most important principle and that's service first.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Monkton, Maryland
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I are a semi-retired couple who enjoy traveling and meeting new people. We had an extremenly enjoyable stay at The Inn at Gothic Eves. It is very conviently located in the quaint town of Trumansburg, NY in the beautiful Finger Lakes area. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Rose, the inkeeper, had many great suggestions for enjoying our stay. Rose always fixed us a delicious breakfast using local food including apples from her back yard. I will gladly recommend a stay at this lovely historic B&B. You will not be disappointed.

Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Gothic Eves. The room was very nice, clean, and updated and the bed was extremely comfortable. The body sprays in the shower were an added bonus! Rose is very nice and helpful. Upon arrival she gave us maps, brochures, and other types of information on the area and things to do, which we found very useful. Her breakfasts are amazing! Everything is delicious and she uses mostly local, healthy, organic ingredients. The location of the inn is perfect. It is only a short drive to several parks with gorges and waterfalls, Ithaca, and wineries. We highly recommend dinner at the Hazelnut Kitchen, which is just a quick walk into town. We highly recommend this B&B!

Freeland, Maryland, USA
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We are frequent fliers at B&B's; it's an anniversay tradition. We chose this inn based on price point, location and Trip Advisor reviews. This Inn met all our expectations. Trumansburg is peaceful, quiet, safe, "Norman Rockwell" small town USA and the main strip is walkable from the Inn. There are several and varied dinning options and small boutiques in town. In general, the location is central to Watkins Glen and Ithica which both are about a 20 minute drive. Rose is a delightful person and passionate about her work. Breakfast was an organic gourmet treat. The Inn itself was well kept, clean and neat.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Merlot Suite. It is a small room but very comforatble and met all our needs. You o...
Hubbardsville, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We loved this B&B and that's saying a lot since we are not generally B&B fans (some disturbing experiences over the years). Rose is a character--her breakfast was delectable, and the room was very comfy. We ate dinner at the Hazelnut Kitchen--a great meal despite the granola/hippy flair of the place. The local golf course was excellent and quite a bargain--we both enjoyed it, just challenging enough and pretty, plus a friendly vibe. Everything was within an easy walk, very convenient. Talking to Rose was an education regarding the complications of her business. She is an impressive person, much more astute than she first appears. She is planning extensive renovations that involve moving some bathrooms, and that's a daunting project. This was a fine trip overall in that all aspects were top-notch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosebandb, Owner at The Inn at Gothic Eves, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for writing the review and helping guests decide what accommodations best fits their needs. I am in my 19th year and I still love this Business. I spend most winters doing many projects to keep current with the guests needs. I have become well verse in construction matters. This winter the inn will have the last 4 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms renovated. Lots of exciting ideas will be built into each of these rooms.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the golf course too. For such a small town, this golf course is inexpensive and beautiful. The Inn's guests are given a discount so make sure you ask when you come to stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumansburg
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
La Tourelle Hotel, Bistro, Spa
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast
The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars

Been to The Inn at Gothic Eves? Share your experiences!