“Restful weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
The Inn at Gothic Eves
Ranked #2 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
Peckville, Pennsylvania
“Restful weekend”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I almost did not go. Daughter and son-in-law urged me on with my stomach ache - said to wait a few hours and even till the next day to decide. Alas! I felt better. They helped us pack, and away we went for a lovely weekend. My husband really enjoyed the sitting room along with our bedroom.
The breakfasts were wonderful, and Rose even respected my Gluten-Free diet. All in all, it was a delight, and I look forward to going back. Joan Ehnot/Peckville, PA

Room Tip: ? don't know the name of our room. It was a bit noisy at night, however we had a sitting room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rosebandb, Owner at The Inn at Gothic Eves, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
This particular guest was staying in the Cayuga Suite. The Cayuga Suite has a bedroom, sitting and bathroom in the Potter house located next door to the main Inn. The daughter and son-in-law stayed in the suite next to the Cayuga Suite, The Seneca Suite, which is a large room with a sitting area within it. Guests choosing both of these rooms together then get to enjoy the rest of the house because they are the only two suites in that house. It is very private and gives a living room and dining room to spread out and utilize.

This guests also mention the street sounds. Our vibrant village has 1400 people living in it and offers in walking distance, restaurants from a pizzeria, tavern, to a fine upscale restaurant. There is a coffee and gift shop and two places to enjoy music most evenings. In one mile, you can be on the Cayuga Wine Trail, or at Taughannock Falls State Park and in 10 minutes, Ithaca where Cornell University and Ithaca College are located. The village offers many wonderful places to visit including a chocolate store, Life's So Sweet. If this appeals to you, then you must realize that most people will drive to be here and enjoy this wonderful bustling village. This is the street sounds that have been mentioned in a few reviews. So if you are sensitive to this sound, please choose a room in the back of the house or stay at a B&B that is more remote and then drive to Trumansburg for the food, music and drink. Stop in and say hello!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2012

When we booked this B&B for an anniversary trip, we were hoping for a quiet country retreat. Unfortunately we got almost no sleep due to the traffic going by all night and the fact that the walls are so thin that we could hear the person below us snoring. You should also be aware upon booking that there are NO refunds for ANY reason once you book. A family health emergency forced us to cut our trip short a day, and we were refunded none of the money for our missed night. The stipulation for a refund is that the room must be re-booked for a refund, but our room was never opened up for rebooking.
I will say that the breakfasts are a great sampling of what the region has to offer, and Rose is very knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stephanie P
Rosebandb, Owner at The Inn at Gothic Eves, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I am sorry that these guests did not enjoy their stay with us. I believe this couple was having a very hard time and felt that I was inflexible. I also believe that they do not think that they are responsible for their reservation. I would like to share with you the rest of the story.

The Inn at Gothic Eves has a cancelation policy and it is found on our website, all guests must agree to the policy before making a reservation online and it is also found on the guests confirmation letter. It states that all reservations when cancelled will be refunded for the entire stay if we are able to re-rent your room. The cancellation policy can only be acted upon when a guest releases their room. I was told that the guests were unable to come for 1 of their 3 nights they reserved because their babysitter was sick and the sub was only able to watch their children for 2 of the 3 nights required for the weekend. If this was a family emergency as stated in this review, they would have not been able to come at all. The guests instead wanted to still come. They called back and requested that they be allowed to bring their children and I appreciated them trying to honor the reservation agreement so I gave them permission. At no time did the guest want to consider transferring their reservation to a different weekend, or release their room to be re-rented as they stated in the review.

After the guests checked out a day early, I was then informed that they were not going to stay their 3rd night. I was in the process of making their room available to be sold for them but I was unable to do so. The housekeeping staff found the room in unacceptable condition with soda spilled down the bathroom wall tile and onto the floor. Also, the bed linens were soaked on the bed, and the box spring and mattress soaked with what we think was water. The room was not in a condition to be sold to another guest till two days later. These guests should have been charged a sizable cleaning fee and not allowed to come back to the Inn. I did not choose to charge them. As I stated above, these guests are having a difficult time and I wish them well.
Mapleton
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Lovely, comfortable and delicious place! We stayed for 3 nights with my parents. They have mobility and dietary issues, and Rose was very attentive to their needs. We stayed in the Cayuga and Seneca suites, and they are immaculate and very homey. Rose also helped with activities and restaurants, making our stay even more wonderful. One of the loveliest places we've ever stayed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street will have traffic noise....quite comforting to a city girl, but perhaps not...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We've stayed at enough B&B's over the years to know and appreciate how good a job Rose does at Gothic Eves. She's very charming, and makes it seem as though it's an effortless pleasure to have you as a guest. (Am I the only one who thinks she may be Rita Rudner's sister?) :)
Breakfast was great, and we liked that it was available relatively early - some places assume everyone wants to sleep in if they're not going to work.
Take time to enjoy the fresh cut flowers and the attractive grounds. And be sure to ask Rose what she thinks about deer......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for Labor Day weekend and we had an absolutely wonderful time. Rose was very accommodating about our need for a late check-in on Friday night after coming from NYC. We stayed in the Pinot room and slept like babies in the comfy bed. Saturday we woke up to one of the best french toasts I've ever had. We enjoyed a couples massage at the B&B and drove over to the Wineries along Cayuga Lake. We had dinner at Hazelnut Kitchen (organic, inventive and tasty) and returned to the B&B for a private campfire with a bottle of Hard Cider under a full moon. Sunday, after another amazing breakfast, we jogged through the neighborhood down to Cayuga Lake - enjoying the scenery (although the climb back was a littke strenuous) - showered and spent the rest of the day at Wineries along Seneca Lake and saw the Falls at Watkins Glen. After dinner, we had a very relaxing soak in the B&B's woodfired hot-tob with a bottle of wine. The hotel is perfectly situated for enjoying everything Cayuga Lake and Seneca Lake have to offer. After long days hiking and touring, Gothic Eves is an oasis for pampering yourself. A truly wonderful gem!

• Stayed September 2012
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for three nights at the Gothic Eves. This was both of our first experiences with a B&B and we weren't dissapointed! Rose was great, very informative on local things to do and the breakfasts were out of this world. We stayed in the Pinot room which was very quaint, peaceful and quiet. Some of the hilights of our trip included a Water-Wine tour: boat tour of the local wineries, a visit to Watkins Glen State Park, and Hazelnut Kitchen: the chilled corn soup appetizer and the hazelnut butter cake with salted carmel sauce and hazelnut ice cream dessert are both must-try's! There is also a bbq joint up the road from the Inn called 3 Herons Brewing Co that was some of the best bbq we have ever had; I would recommend the brisket and the pulled pork.

We decided to give the wood fired hot tub try. It was nice and a different experience, my only issue was that there wasn't enough light around the tub area (only 2-3 candles) and we were tripping over ourselves and my boyfriend banged his knee pretty hard trying to get in.

Overall, a great place to stay and I highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte M
Cleveland
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Inn at Gothic Eves is more than what we expected (3 couples). Not only was it beautiful and well-maintained, but it was quiet and tranquil. In the evening, we sat outside on the patio to chat and to enjoy the wonderful weather.

Most importantly (I'm a foodie), Rose makes amazing breakfasts! She even made me a gluten free breakfast at the last minute.

My friends and I had a great time there, and her recommendations of where to eat and where to visit were spot on. Make sure you go to the Hazelnut Kitchen up the street. The food is out of this world. The chef uses mostly (only?) locally grown foods.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumansburg
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
La Tourelle Hotel, Bistro, Spa
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Inn at Gothic Eves? Share your experiences!