“Cider week fun!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
“Cider week fun!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Was in town for a wedding and was told to give this place a try. I lucked out and hit it on cider week, so was delighted in a fall inspired pre fix 3 course meal and cider pairing. I would say I liked almost every part of the meal but the dessert was the highlight. My mother had the chicken dish which was superb. Our waitress was a tad slow and I wish maybe she knew more about wines but the hostess (possibly owner?) made up for what she lacked and gave us some great advice on wineries and the like. I would highly recommend to those in Trumansburg and surrounding areas!

Visited October 2013

Ithaca, NY
“Good eats in the heart of Trumansburg”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Under relatively new ownership, this restaurant has a homey atmosphere and great food. The menu changes with the seasons and the availability of locally sourced ingredients. We opted to sit at the bar, based on the reviews of others on TA, and had a great time watching the two chefs produce amazing meals in a tiny, well-kept space, even finding time to chat with us when the pressure let up a bit (you can reserve a table, but seats at the bar are fist-come-first-served).The food was tasty, portions were huge, and priced fairly. We each had two appetizers and were not able to finish our meals,never mind have room for dessert. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
“A must go-to Restaurant!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Hazelnut Kitchen has become one of my favorite restaurants in Ithaca. I can honestly say that every single time I have dined here I have been completely and overly satisfied. My most recent experience here however was one to top the charts. My boyfriend and I dined here for a late birthday celebration while we were staying just down the street at a B&B. Every time I have come here I like to try out the specials for the night which is exactly what we did. We started with the white bean soup that came with fresh corn bread right out of the oven. It was mouth watering!! I probably could have just eaten that all night, but of course I had to have one of the main courses too. We brought our own wine which was really nice that they don't charge a corkage fee for the first bottle (their wine list is very nice as well).

For our main course, I ordered the pan seared chicken with farro, carrot puree, chicken meatballs, and acorn squash. This was one of the specials, and it really was just that. I wish I wasn't so full from the first course because I wanted to eat every last bite of this! My boyfriend ordered the steak which was cooked to perfection and he didn't let one bite go to waste.

We really admire that they are sourcing their food locally, and our server was very knowledgeable about the farm that everything came from when we asked her. Everything about our dining experience was great! We had excellent service and the food was delightful. I can not wait to go again!

• Visited September 2013
Trumansburg, New York
“It's the sauces”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went again to the Hazelnut. Always a special treat. There were three of us and we all had the shrimp special I will usually order something different from my wife but not this time. I will usually spice it up for flavor but not this time, it was so good I cleaned all 3 bowels (good thing I am friends with the third person we were with). NOT THAT THEY COULD HAVE STOPED ME!!!

• Visited August 2013
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“Wow”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We wandered in on a August Friday evening with no reservations. The young hostess told us we could be seated at the bar in front of the chef. What an experience! We watched as the three person kitchen staff performed, wizzing about and preparing their outstanding menu. They kept giving us little tastes of their fare and boy was it good! We had a wonderful time and would go back in a heart beat. Oh, and we were done with our appitizer, entrees and wine the bill was a whopping $75.
Great food, great staff and GREAT value!

• Visited August 2013