“Wow”

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Trumansburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hazelnut Kitchen is located in Trumansburg NY, the heart of the Finger Lakes Region. Since 2007, we have been using locally sourced farm ingredients in a casually elegant open kitchen dining atmosphere. Our menu changes frequently, inspired by what’s in season and reflects our commitment to utilize goods obtained from local farmers and producers. Although our approach is simple and clean, the outcome is uniquely delicious. We invite you to join us for dinner and experience the best that the season has to offer!
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We wandered in on a August Friday evening with no reservations. The young hostess told us we could be seated at the bar in front of the chef. What an experience! We watched as the three person kitchen staff performed, wizzing about and preparing their outstanding menu. They kept giving us little tastes of their fare and boy was it good! We had a wonderful time and would go back in a heart beat. Oh, and we were done with our appitizer, entrees and wine the bill was a whopping $75.
Great food, great staff and GREAT value!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

What a delightful find!
We came as a large group and family reunion.
Everything was delicious, healthy, and flavored to perfection.
The staff was terrific. The only complaint is they won't break up bills s o my brother put a huge amount on his credit card and we had to write him a check or give cash and doing the math is the pits. I would highly recommend Hazelnut. Reservations far ahead for big parties are a must as they are small and very popular.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a beautiful little restaurant in this small town. The gourmet menu was a surprise and the price was very small. I had the fresh plum salad ( special that night) and fettuccine ,wine from South Africa and desert for $56. After driving 790 miles I arrived in Trumansburg and was told to call for a reservation. When I called at 530 they said no openings till 930 but the bar accepted walk ins and it looked into the kitchen. I said I had just driven a long distance and wanted to "walk in " around 730 ish and what were the chances of a bar seat on a Thursday night. I was told " I can't see into the future ". Well I showed up at 730 and had a delightful seat watching the owner prepare his awesome dishes. I'm glad I didn't let the rude girl ruin my opportunity for this dining experience. If you want a table call ahead as every table in this very small establishment was booked till 930. It's worth it. If you " walk in" and sit at the bar facing the kitchen it may not be conducive to a party of 4 and conversations.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went to N.Y. for a weekend getaway and this restaurant was recommended. We had one of the best meals ever.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great food and they will let you BYO for a $10 corkage fee. But beware - you cannot bring in an open bottle as per NY state law.