Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast
$109
$196
$169
$90
Super 8 Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$115
$74
$72
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$144
Courtyard
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$90
$134
  • Pool
All reviewsmaster suiteliving roomb bbed and breakfastmy husband and icomfortable furniturefrench toastfruit dishfeel at homeithaca areagranolacome homeelegant homemain streetglass of winecornell universityomelet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Morning Glory B&B is a beautiful, relaxed, both elegant and informal place for a vacation. Laurie, the owner and innkeeper has made her large Victorian house warm and inviting to strangers. Trumansburg is right nearby, a sweet little town, The Morning Glory is also not far from the the gorges and waterfalls the area is known for. The rooms were clean & well-furnished, quiet & sweet, and the breakfast served in the morning was really well-done. Laurie herself was sweet, smart, engageable and respectful, and clearly loved her work. A really wonderful place to stay.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 13, 2008

My beloved and I had the good fortune to stay at the Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast during our trip to the 2008 Grassroots Festival in Trumansburg. It's a quietly magical place that welcomes you with its serene setting, cozy rooms and overall good vibe.

We stayed in Shiloh's Room, an incredibly inviting, comfortable, clean and romantic spot. It was the perfect place to unwind after hours of dancing, walking and celebrating with friends. Soft bathrobes hung in our room and a nice, little bathroom was just outside our door.

In the morning, our fabulous hostess, Laurie, cooked a first-rate breakfast served in a lovely dining room complete with elegant vintage dishware and good company. Her delicious quiche recipe came from the Moosewood Restaurant in nearby Ithaca and tasted exceptionally good.

If you are an animal lover, you will be delighted by Laurie's amazing and affectionate dog, King Louie. Louie looks like a lamb and comes with a magic of his own. He is a healing dog and knows when a visitor is in need of comfort. His unique energy adds to the specialness of the house.

B&B owner Laurie is a gem of a person with a generous heart and gift for great conversation. She makes you feel loved in the glorious, warm space that she has created for travelers. She exudes as much charm and character as her beautiful home.

My beloved and I plan to return again to the Morning Glory B&B as soon as possible. It's a perfect haven from the world that sends you back out restored, rested and inspired.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I booked the Morning Glory B&B in February 2008 as I was looking for a place within walking distance of the annual GrassRoots Festival. Finding lodging is difficult if you wait as this is a well attended event. I could not have been more pleased. Laurie is an excellent hostess and catered to my every need. Breakfast was to die for, she awakened everyone with the smell of bacon and had something different each morning, quiche, baked goods, fruit, you name it, it was there. She also offered vegetarian or vegan options, if this was your preference.

Laurie's home is so comfortable. A big porch stretches along the side of the house with comfortable places to sit. I enjoyed my coffee out there in the morning with Louie, Laurie's adorable poodle.

Her backyard is like something out of Country Living, complete with a little house that actually has a bed in it, just adorable. A windchime hangs from a tree on the side of the house that also has chairs nearby for enjoying her beautiful property. Inside is the type of place you call home, where you can put your feet up and pull up a book or engage in conversation with one of the guests or with Laurie. She has many books in her home and has read many of them. We had so many great talks about them and life in general during the brief time I was there.

The rooms are SO comfortable. Cushy down featherbeds and nice linens. Plenty of antiques and decorative touches. Peaceful and quiet.

You can interact with people if you want or have all the privacy you need. Laurie has her antennae up for her guests. I have already booked for next year's GrassRoots and am so looking forward to returning to catch up with Laurie. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a welcoming place to stay on your journey.--Gail

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank gmb88
Reviewed July 16, 2008

I stayed at the Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast with a fellow bridesmaid during a July wedding. While the area surrounding Trumunsburg (upstate NY just outside of Ithaca) is rich in natural beauty, I ended up spending more time than I anticipated sitting at the breakfast table at the Morning Glory, having some of the best food and conversation in recent memory. The proprietor, Laurie, is both accommodating and hands-off; she consistently asked for feedback and made sure we were enjoying our stay, and asked for ways that her B & B could be improved (I couldn't come up with any!). The resident pets are a joy -- one outside cat and a small, friendly inside dog -- and I was lucky enough to be staying there with some like-minded people who taught me so much and gave me a plethora of reading suggestions. Rates are also quite reasonable for the area, and the building itself it entirely restored and beautifully decorated. So if you're looking for an old-school bed and breakfast experience, the kind where you eat around a table with real people and have mind-opening conversations about every topic in the world, please seek out the Morning Glory. I am trying to convince my husband to travel all the way back to NY (we live in Illinois) just to see Laurie, her pets and her lovely home again. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We have stayed at many B&B's in many states, but Morning Glory was the best! Laurie is the "Hostess with the Mostess" when it comes to room decor, comfort, and breakfast! We have never had a breakfast with so many choices, from fruits to an egg dish to pastries to waffles/french toast! This B&B is highly recommended for the Ithaca area. Laurie's pets also made us feel right "at home!"

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple