“Beautiful B&B near Finger Lakes”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
Juniper Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
Queens, New York
“Beautiful B&B near Finger Lakes”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We've been to Ithaca 4-5 times over the past few years and this B&B was one of our favorites by far. The house and property is beautiful and kept immaculate, and the location is perfect for access to the wineries, hiking, farmers markets and the Cornell/Ithaca area. The service was really great, with a wonderful breakfast each morning, and access to snacks, boardgames, and a good selection of movies to enjoy.

Our room was the only one without an en suite bathroom (the bathroom was across the hall) but the beautiful bathroom with spa/sauna shower more than made up for it.

We will definitely return in the future!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I planned a last minute visit to the Finger Lakes during my solo vacation in early July, and I am delighted to have stayed at Juniper Hill! The property is exquisite, and Bruce is a lovely, warm, accommodating host. I was traveling solo, so I chose to stay in the Lilian Hale room. It was beautiful, and quite cozy. The bathroom was wonderful--I used the steam shower multiple times. Very nice after a day of hiking at Watkins Glen State Park!

Breakfast was a three course affair with candlelight and fine china. I forgot to remind my hosts of my vegetarian dining habits, and Bruce was kind enough to prepare me a meat free third course when the mix-up was brought to his attention. The breakfasts alone are worth a stay here!

The house is everything one could hope for. Beautiful common rooms, amazing artwork throughout the house, a gorgeous front yard garden, and a great backyard area with patio furniture to relax. I ate dinner (which I brought with me after making lots of local purchases) out in the backyard, which was perfect!

I can't wait to return for a longer stay in the Finger Lakes, possibly with a companion next time! I will definitely return to Juniper Hill. Trumansburg is a great home base for exploring the area, and this is a top notch place to stay while there.

Room Tip: Check their website for extremely accurate room pictures to get exactly what you want!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The service was friendly, hospital, very efficient and attentive -- A+
Amazing gallery-quality art work and antiques -- very tastefully displayed and comfortable to live with! -- A+
Our room was spacious and beautiful, the bed was very good!!! Air conditioning excellent and quiet, ceiling fan fantastic -- bathroom and jacuzzi perfect!!
The B&B was full and there was NO noise to be heard in our room -- very clean every day -- We loved our room -- did I mention the gas fireplace in our bedroom? -- romantic!! A+
We looked forward to brekfasts every day they were so special and delicious -- served in the dining room or the covered porch -- A+
Junniper Hill BB located in central location -- easy to get to Ithaca, Watkins Glen, wine trials, many very good restaurants, galleries, farmers markets, etc. A+
We liked sleeping late, enjoying the hospitality of breakfast, being very active out-and- about all day long and back for a jacuzzi and sleep. Some mornings we read a little on the front porch looking out at the fountain and flower garden.
We'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Go to the website and reserve early
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miketravelerofworld
nyc, ny
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The house is beautiful and impeccably decorated. From the art to the ambiance - one could not ask for a nicer place to stay. The room was wonderful and the spa style steam room shower was a pleasant touch. Bruce made a phenomenal creative breakfast, and was great to chat with. very romantic.

We went to juniper hill to celebrate my birthday - and we are already planning a trip back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank asw83
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2011

As a little surprise for my husband, I planned a trip up to Corning and the Finger lakes area.We finally checked in to Juniper Hill and our jaws dropped. From the gorgeous front gardens to the welcome wreath on the front door- to the exquisite paintings (David has such an eye for selecting the artwork) all around the magnificently restored and decorated home, we knew we were in for an unforgetable visit. We stayed for 4 nights in the cozy Hale Room. Although it's the smallest room in the house, we had sufficient room to be comfortable and feel pampered as well as having of course a marvelous view of the fountain and gardens.
Breakfasts were incredibly 3 course meals with candlelight and fine china on the tables. My favorites included the lavender muffins, lemon blueberry pancakes and a peach yogurt breakfast soup. Bruce has an awesome ability to create these sensational meals that make it difficult to return to a bowl of corn flakes when you return home.
In case you get hungry during the day, Bruce leaves delicious baked goods on the dining table. My favorites were the pineapple "twinkies" that even had creamy filling inside and squiggles of frosting on top. Pure heaven!! The menu for the next day's breakfast is left by the dining room so if you have a problem with one of the dishes all you have to do is tell Bruce and he redesigned the dish for you ( as he did with my husband who is a diabetic).
Juniper Hill is located in a terrific area close to the fabulous wineries, Sonnenberg Gardens, Rose Hill Mansion and some great cafes at the wineries too. Such a beautiful area of New York to explore- or you can just stay and be treated like royalty at Juniper Hill.
Bruce and David are wonderful hosts and we look forward to returning for another visit.
There is a computer is the living room for guests to use as well as loads of booklets to help you plan your touring of the area.

1 Thank 4cheerysmile
Moravia, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We just had a wonderful two day stay at this delightful bed and breakfast in Trumansburg, New York. Our hosts, Bruce and David, were attentive to every detail. The home is beautifully furnished and is a magnificent art gallery as well as a charming place to stay. Our room, the Mary Cassett, was both opulent and comfortable complete with a four poster bed and state of the art television, DVD, jacuzzi tub, and marble shower. Breakfast was elegantly served in a marvelous porch room and Bruce was very accommodating to our diets and needs. The area is the heart of the Cayuga and Seneca wine country and we spent one day at various wineries. The other day was devoted to swimming, biking and hiking in Taughannock State Park with dinner at Taughannock Farms Inn overlooking the beautiful Cayuga Lake.

1 Thank JHHaight
Drums, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My wife and I took a 2 day trip to the Finger Lakes for our 32nd anniversary. Based on reviews from various sites we selected Juniper Hill. I can tell you that all the excellent reviews are right on the money. As we drove up to the property we knew we had found a winner. The grounds are beautifully landscaped. Upon entering the home you can see the the owner, Bruce payed attention to every detai. The home is impeccably decorated. Each room looks like a page out of Better Homes and Gardens. Bruce is a gracious host and cooked up a fantastic breakfeast. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I will be back for another stay in the near future.

1 Thank CharlieCent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumansburg
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast

Been to Juniper Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!