“The Perfect Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
Juniper Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 5, 2007

Are you looking for the perfect B&B getaway? I would recommend that you look no further than the Juniper Hill Bed & Breakfast. This is what a stay at a B&B is meant to be--gorgeous, well-appointed rooms, delicious and thoughtful breakfasts, and friendly innkeepers.

I've stayed in perhaps a dozen bed and breakfasts and would wholeheartedly rate this my outstanding favorite. I had the special opportunity to stay at Juniper Hill for seven days, which provided me with a wealth of experiences to rate my stay. They were all superior--the variety and quality of the breakfasts, the fine bedding and furnishings, and the attention to detail. From the Bose sterio system in my steam shower, to heated tile floors, to playing special music just for you during breakfast, Bruce will seemingly go to any length to ensure your stay is special. He even sent me off with muffins and biscotti to take on my plane flight home.

Bruce, Dave, and Celeste (your canine innkeeper) are so hospitable. They went out of their way to create a luxurious stay, but one where I also felt at home. I stayed in the Hale suite, which had the most beautiful window dressings and bedding, and perhaps the most sumptuous robe I've every worn. Every morning, Bruce would provide coffee upstairs before breakfast and make a special effort to bring me milk instead of cream (my preference.) He was always welcome to my special requests.

You'll also find yourself lost in their beautiful art collection. There you are--sleeping in an art gallery! You can curl up by the fire with one of their many books, or watch a DVD on your in-room flat screen (probably better than the TV at home), or take one of Bruce's restaurant recommendations. He clued me in to the Hazelnut Kitchen, just a two-block walk, which I would now consider one of upstate New York's best culinary experiences. Delicious, locally-sourced, organic ingredients made right in front of you by the chef/owner. What could be better?

Okay, I know that I am gushing, but it's well-deserved. This is well worth the price. I plan to go back again and again to visit these special people. They really have made every effort to preserve this historic home and you should support their efforts. You'll be proud to know that your lodging dollars are staying right there in Trumansburg and helping to support such great people.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed September 12, 2007

If I could give more stars, I would!! This inn is perfect! Gorgeous, stately, immaculate... the house is everything you'd want in a B&B. And the people... Bruce, Dave and Celeste are the warmest, kindest, people and have customer service down to a tee. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and play close attention to detail. And the food!!.... honestly,it was so good I had to ask Bruce for some of the recipes at the end of our 3 nights there-- it was fantastic! We definitely plan to return and so thrilled we decided to spend our 1st anniversary with Bruce and Dave and Juniper hill. Don't miss a chance to stay here-- you will love it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2007

Rooms at this restored mansion in Trumansburg are exquisitely furnished. The baths provide every conceivable amenity. Everything from the hospitality recieved, the artwork, linens, draperies, dining room ambiance, food and beverage were truly phenomenal! The decor has been restored to the original period with attention to every detail. Staying at Juniper Hill was truly a memorable experience. We look forward to our return!

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My husband and I had the honor of being the first guests at Juniper Hill. The experience was delightful. There was every attention to detail and the warm hospitality of the owners made it perfect. We are definitely planning to return and have another memorable experience.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2007

My husband surprised me with a wonderful trip to the Finger Lakes and Niagara Falls for our 6th anniversary! We're big B&B fans and, through his research on TripAdvisor and BedandBreakfast.com, he felt this was exactly the kind of place we were looking for. Indeed it was -- full of relaxation, scrumptious food, special touches, and pampering galore! If you're looking for any or all of these things, you can't go wrong with Juniper Hill. Thank you to Bruce and...of course...Celeste!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2007

Juniper Hill B&B is not just hospitality it is a unique love for art,
people, family and life.

We stayed there three phenominal evenings and when the day came to leave we really didn't want to. We wanted to continue to enjoy the Scrabble, the music, the quiet, the art, the fire and Bruce, Celeste's and David's warmth.

Although there is a lot to do in the area, frankly we would have been
happy never to leave the house. The snacks, the wonderful breakfast and amazing Hazelnut Kitchen around the corner kept us well fed.

Amazing getaway. Amazing hosts with a collective passion for perfection - evident in the detail, decor, and continued restoration of a true jewel in Trumansburg. We were amazed by their dedication to the highest possible quality in the restoration process.

We look forward to our next visit and reveling in the new additions to this beautiful home.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Stayed one night in July, 2007. This was my first B&B experience. With 100s of B&Bs in the Finger Lakes Region, the number of choices on the internet is dizzying, but happily Juniper Hil delivered on everything (and then some) they promised. The house has been impeccably restored and the grounds are lovely. We stayed in the John Singer Sargent room which was beautifully decorated and very cozy (the sound of the fountain out front was very relaxing!) Our host Bruce was charming, accommodating and very helpful but also unobtrusive. Breakfast was excellent. I have already recommended this B&B to others and would definitely stay there again.

Also, check out the Hazelnut Kitchen restaurant while you're in Trumansburg. Walking distance from the Inn and a wonderful menu.

Stayed: July 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumansburg
Inn at Taughannock
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
La Tourelle Hotel, Bistro, Spa

Been to Juniper Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!