“good diner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I love this diner for breakfast and lunch. It has a typical diner menu with generally good food. It also has a full bar so that you can have a cocktail which is unusual for a diner. My only real complaint is that the acoustics seem to amplify the general noise of many talking people and scraping chairs. As I get older I seem to be sensitive to this and find it hard to carry on a conversation or to relax during my meal. I have never had a bad meal but the last time I was there, my brother had liver, which he has had there many times before. He said it was always good but this time it was dry and unedible. When he told the waitress, she basicly said that was not possible, it was always good, they never had complaints and he had to be wrong. My brother told her he agreed but this time it was dry. She would not let it go, did not offer him another piece and walked away. After her treatment, I will think twice before returning.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Today we had good food for breakfast at Falls Restaurant & Tavern. The waiters have been friendly and quick. There have been several other guests, which surprised us on a Monday morning. The price was reasonable. We can recommend this place for a stop in T-Burg.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great Tavern food and homemade pies make this a worthy stop for dinner in T-burg. This is close to taughannock park and convenient to many bed and breakfasts

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I ate here twice. The food was very good both times. They have homemade desserts, pies and cakes. The only thing I had a problem with was that our waitress wasn't very friendly. She wasn't mean, I just felt she could have been a little warmer and smiled.

1  Thank Liz M
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Hazelnut Kitchen is a must. The food is out of this world. In fact, we returned twice. It was recommended to us, and we are passing this on to you!