“Wonderful experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights in the Blue Room Suite and greatly enjoyed it! From the time we drove up to this charming home, we knew it would be a great experience. The host was warm and friendly, offering suggestions for experiences and places to eat. He made a delicious breakfast both mornings too! The bed was very comfortable and the towels were soft! If we ever get up to Ithica again, we will definitely be staying here.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I spent hours on the internet researching the best valued location for a single night getaway on my way back from a company visit in Syracuse. Never seeing the Finger Lakes, it was a great mini vay-cay on my way back to Buffalo. And let me say, this place took my interest because of the reasonable cost and once I arrived...I was impressed! The place was nicely updated with modern amenities and the service from the hosts was a perfect mix of homey, personal and professional. The breakfast in the morning was fresh and homemade which made for the perfectly quaint getaway. I'd highly recommend this place for my family, friends as well as you and yours. Not to mention I look forward to returning myself.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We travel to the Ithaca area 3 times a year and the Black Walnut B&B is a senic drive 'up the lake' from town. It is also a 1/4 mile from the Americana Winery, which serves a great lunch and has exceptional wines. We found the hosts to be warm and friendly without being intrusive. The rooms are all different, each with their own personality. The Blue Moon is our favorite room at the end of the hall. We look forward to our next trip to Ithaca and our stay at the Black Walnut.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

We were very impressed with the beautiful drive south from Seneca Falls along Cayuga Lake, with great wineries along the way. Arriving at the Black Walnut was a treat as our hosts greeted us warmly, and showed us to the New Moon Suite. The Black Walnut farmhouse-style B&B rambles with with surprises like windows in the second floor hallway that view down to the kitchen and breakfast room.

The house is one of those that just happened over a couple hundred years, with a wonderful, sunny glass porch looking out to the garden that was just coming into bloom. The decor in our room and throughout the house was a mixture of antique finds and new traditional furnishings to ensure comfort. Our room and bath, which was huge, were very comfortable and included personal coffee service and amenities of an upscale hotel.

We popped down the road about 1/2 mile to the Americana Winery, which has delicious meals and fine wine, of course. The great thing is you can walk, and not worry about the driving aspect of going out for wine.

We hope to return to the Black Walnut this summer and explore the Ithaca/Trumansburg area, which has so much to see.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevallen
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Black Walnut in April 2011 for a trip along the Cayuga lake wine trail. The innkeeper, Jack, made every effort to make sure we were comfortable and felt at home. He was very helpful in recommending things to do and places to eat. The inn is well-maintained and cozy. The hot breakfast served the next morning was delicious as well. We would definitely come back again!

1  Thank Rochtraveler23
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The Black Walnut B&B was recommended to us through another B&B in the area that was full. I am glad we got referred to the Black Walnut. Jack and Rich created customer delight. The house is cute, cozy and has a lovely character. The rooms are small but adorable and comfortable. Very good taste.... The breakfast was delicious. We felt at home.
Jack gave us plenty of recommendations on what to see and visit in the area and his personal favorites turned into ours, too. The Black Walnut will always be my first choice when I go to the Finger Lakes.

Room Tip: Call and they will try to accomodate your needs
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Black Walnut B&B for a birthday trip to the Finger Lakes. Upon arrival our inn keeper Jack gave us a tour of the house and showed us to our room. After we settled in, he treated us to some wine and cheese while we talked about different things to do in the area. The room was cozy and comfortable and it, along with the rest of the house, had loads of chic and rustic farmhouse charm. We stayed two nights, and breakfast both mornings was exceptional. Though we did not have the opportunity to enjoy the enclosed porch and garden while we were there, on a warmer visit I would grab a bottle of wine from Americana Vineyard just down the road, and kick back in a comfy wicker chair to enjoy it all. The Black Walnut is in a great location, with easy access to both Cayuga and Seneca Lake wine trails, waterfalls and state parks, and downtown Ithaca is only about 20-25 minutes drive. Overall, we loved our stay and getting to know Jack, Rich, and Willy (the friendly resident terrier). We hope to visit again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumansburg
Inn at Taughannock
Cayuga Morning Star Bed and Breakfast
The Aurora Inn
The Aurora Inn
#1 of 5 in Aurora

Been to Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!