“Beautiful property”

Copper Beacons Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
Copper Beacons Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
Belvidere, Illinois
“Beautiful property”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Copper Beacons is a beautiful property. The Fitzgerald room was very spacious and the bed was so very comfortable. Breakfast is made to order and farm fresh with organic ingredients . The hosts are interactive with their guests. A very clean establishment . Worth the price .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Came here with my boyfriend and a group of friends to explore the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail. Having been to my fair share of bed and breakfasts, I would definitely say that this ranks as one of the best experiences I've had overall. It reminds me of the New England style bed and breakfasts that I've stayed in on my drive from NYC to Maine. The rooms were well appointed and spacious. The pictures on the website do not do it justice. We stayed in the Suite Woodrift room and it was very clean and had a lovely view of the garden/backyard. Mr. and Mrs. Collins were very warm and friendly, and always had delicious baked goods for us. We had afternoon tea with Mrs. Collins, as she taught us all about the English tradition of high tea. It truly felt like a home away from home and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The woodrift room is the largest and has a whirlpool tub. The herb garden room is separate and you h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We came here with a group of friends to take advantage of the amazing Cayuga Lake Wine Trail. The food here is delicious, everything is homemade and after breakfast I felt like I didn't need to eat lunch due to the quantity.

The rooms are elegant and clean, the decoration in each room really makes it feel like home. My wife and I were in the "Under the Eaves" room, it rained the evening of our stay and the sound of rain on the roof put us right to sleep.

Eileen and Gerry were great hosts and made sure that all our needs were met and we were happy. We are definitely planning to come back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Pembroke, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This B & B is lovely, very clean and the food was delicious. The hosts, Eileen and Gerry are warm, friendly people. I would recommend that you consider this B & B if traveling in the Finger Lakes region.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank NJB312
Ashland, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I had a fantastic stay at the Copper Beacons. We definitely echo all of the wonderful write-ups others have shared. Each morning I looked forward to see (and taste) what kind of wonderful muffins/baked goods Eileen would surprise us with. This was just the beginnig though as Gerry's cooking skills also left us anticipating the main course. Anyone can cook bacon and egg omelettes or french toast, but Gerry's are not to be outdone. Simply TASTY!
Both Eileen and Gerry's warm hospitality were top-notch and I really appreciated the time they took to simply chat, share the history of the Copper Beacons property, as well as the history and personal stories behind the furnishings and decor. Such friendly people. We felt very comfortable... as if we've known them for years.
As for location, the Copper Beacons was close enough to everything the area has to offer. We were able to scoot over to Ithaca to spend time with our daughter on the Ithaca College campus; stroll thru the popular farmers market tasting local recipes and buying locally produced fruits and vegetables; and spend time experiencing the many wineries in the area. Of course there's also the beautiful waterfalls, gorges and great outdoors nearby. Just can't say enough great things about the Copper Beacons!!! We would definitiely stay there again....in fact, we plan to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

had an amazing ladies' weekend thanks to a warm and hospitable stay at the copper beacons. we arrived late on the september long weekend to a gorgeous and quaint room - under the eaves, which was perfect our needs. loved many of the details at this b&b - including the delicious breakfast, amazing hosts and lovely country home. also appreciated getting take home some great produce from the gardens - gorgeous swiss chard, tomatoes and zucchini!

would absolutely stay here again - and am considering another cross-border trip to the region with copper beacons as the home base!

thanks again to our lovely hosts!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ontheroad_canadian
Lancaster
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have just returned from a specatular trip to Trumansburg and Ithaca, New York. Copper Beacons was the perfect location to take in all the parks (Robert Treman & Taughannock Falls), Cornell Plantations and the unique area of downtown Ithaca. The outdoor organic gardens, vegetable and herb, even with the drought this year, were amazing. I couldn't leave without some homemade strawberry jam and homemade teas and homegrown herbs. Eileen made scrumptious zucchini and carrot muffins, along with awesome sweet snacks when I returned from a long day of hiking the Plantations and Robert Treman Park. Jerry was the "short order cook" for breakfast and I enjoyed the best French toast I have ever had! One of the best features is this B&B is quite reasonable in comparison to others in the area. Jerry and Eileen made my stay most comfortable, Eileen gave me a tour of the grounds, they helped with directions and spent a great deal of time with me just talking - very good, down to earth people. If you are looking for a B&B in this area, I would not look any further.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumansburg
Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Hampton Inn Ithaca
Hampton Inn Ithaca
#4 of 22 in Ithaca
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites

Been to Copper Beacons Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!