“Charming and unique”

Copper Beacons Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
Copper Beacons Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Lovely stay at the Copper Beacons August 4th and 5th with my adult daughter. We stayed in the "Under the Eaves" room that had 2 beds and a seating area with a private bath. The room was spotless; the beds comfortable; and the ambience under the eaves cozy. Eileen served a delicious made-to-order breakfast each day and graciously showed us around the property. Be sure to check out her shop. The Copper Beacons is a lovely and unique spot for a quiet holiday.

Room Tip: The "under the Eaves" room is a good choice if you need to two beds.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PAJX2

Reviewed August 4, 2012

What a fantastic place! Turn your cell phones off and get back to the way life used to be. Beautiful rooms, large and well decorated-I recommend the honeymoon suite with its beautiful whirlpool bath-delightful! You will never find better hosts then the Collins family-think farmhouse breakfast on gorgeous crystal, made to order-did you know the rumor is that the fantastic dining room table you will dine at once belonged to the Kennedys? Washington Irving was also said to have stayed here and written from his experiences-your hosts will love to tell you all about it! Of course the Boardman history of the house is interesting all in itself! Visit the gardens and don't miss the herb and tea shop with it's eccentric assortment of teapots and cups! If you are really lucky you might get a demonstration of how to make bread or pizza in the beehive oven which is part of this shop. Just a great place to get away from it all!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous but if you are going cheap, Under the Eves with it's two beds and bat...
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was thoroughly impressed with the accommodations and service at Copper Beacons. It's owned by a husband and wife who go out of their way to make you feel at home. Our bedroom was lovely, and we had our own private bathroom at the end of the hall. In the morning, we were served fresh fruit and homemade muffins, and the hostess also made us eggs, potatoes, and bacon however we requested. We were free to come and go as we pleased. I would highly recommend this B&B if you're staying in Trumansburg, NY!

2  Thank Rosina B
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Copper Beacons and were so impressed with this charming comfortable farm house. The host and hostess warmly greeted us even though we arrived late in the evening. Our room boasted a beautiful four poster bed and was extremely comfortable. In the morning I drank coffee on the patio enjoying the beauty of my surroundings.
I would definitely return again and highly recommend this charming farm.

Room Tip: The ivy room was wonderful.
1  Thank Ann S
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed this charming, elegant farmhouse B&B. Eileen does a great job of informing you of local dos and don'ts, making a delicious made-to-order hot breakfast each morning & just overall keeping up the place. Eileen heard me say I wasn't eating sugar and then baked the muffins without sugar--without me saying anything! She makes healthy, tasty snacks for the afternoons. Very classy gesture. Also, the carrot ginger juice was locally sourced and juiced by Eileen--another very nice touch. We stayed in the Vine Room and had to walk about ten steps to our private bath. I didn't cross paths with the other guests on our floor once, so it wasn't a big deal at all. Plus, robes are furnished which is a very nice touch.
My boyfriend and I were very, very glad we picked this place!

Pros:
The price is so right. We paid $145 each night for the Vine room.
On a farm! you are really out in nature. Out each window were trees.
Free delicious breakfast made to order!
Close enough to downtown T-burg to not be a drawback - 5 minute drive or something
Beautiful wall mural of Taughannock Park
Victorian Era, historically appropriate furnishings (not how I would decorate my own home but this style is true to the house and it's history I do believe)
Snacks

Cons:
The room we stayed in did sort of have that old "Grandma's house smell"--not sure what creates that or what you can do about that.
The game room painted bright green didn't do it for me.
The website didn't do it justice. The pictures just didn't sell the place. (I would put up pictures of the place in it's full green foliage glory.)This meant my boyfriend and I were pleasantly surprised, but we almost didn't pick it! We were going to go with Gothic Eves but due to our budget went with Copper Beacons. Good thing we did - but if the website was a bit
But these are tiny things.

By the way, things we did in and around Trumansburg:
Watkins Glen - beautiful
a Quaker church service, one our of sitting still and then talking with locals - real flavor of the area
eating at Suzanne's and also Dano's on Seneca.

Room Tip: No clue. We had the Vine Room and that was great! Cheaper than others you just have to walk to a bat...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2009

From the made-from-scratch breakfasts in the morning to the comfy sheets and plush towels changed daily, this B&B has something very special to offer. The proprietors, Eileen and Gerry, are amazingly hospitable and make you feel like you are staying in someone's elegant colonial home. Be sure to visit the herb shop in the back before you leave!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Copper Beacons Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!