“Looking forward to returning”
Review of Ali Baba

Ali Baba
Ranked #14 of 212 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Three of us went to the Ali Baba and had a very enjoyable time. As recommended by other reviewers we started off with the Lavash bread (similar to nan bread)...very tasty and very addictive. For the main courses we had chicken curry, Beyti Sarma Kabob (ground veal and lamb wrapped in pita and served with a duo of yogurt and tomato sauce), and Veal Guvec (chunks of veal baked in a casserole with mushrooms, tomato, eggplant, green pepper, and cheese). We all enjoyed our dishes and even had some to take home for the next day. The service was cordial, but a little on the slow side. Overall, we had a fine experience and look forward to returning in the near future.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I love their puffy bread they serve at the beginning.Lamb kebab was amazing.I have gone to Alibaba with my wife who does love Turkish food and i was impressed by the flavor of food and the courtesy of staffs.You do not need to spend $$$$ to get good service or food in Newyork city.Try Alibaba.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Go in, sit down and just eat! Lavash and yogurt to die for. If you have kids order them a small lavash with peach juice and let them go to town. Very friendly service. Not the best looking place but the food makes up for it. Top off your meal with some Turkish coffee.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Small place with a dozen eat-in tables. About the size of a pizzeria. Food is outstanding. The Nan bread, yogurt/dill sauce is a great way to start he meal. The chick or Beef Ishkander is the stuff dreams are made of. A very good curry sauce. The Bolognese pizza is Ok; but not something I'd rave about. We've gone there and had great service. One time we were there and they had this young woman waitressing: I assume she was a young family member but can't be sure. I ordered a Beef Ishkander, she delivered a beef kabob. When I cited the difference she said, "Oh, that's too bad, sorry." (Unbeliebeable??!?!) She stood there for a minute with no action and said, "well, do you want me to see if he'll make another? (meaning the chef)... Uh... yeah... so she returned and with pride announced that he has agreed to make what I ordered... (you can't make this stuff up folks)... within moments, the table next to me had the same issue. The woman ordered a chicken curry and got, (you guessed it), Beef kabob. The incredible thing is that the patron said, "this is not what I ordered, "yes you did", said the server. "No I didn't, this is beef and I ordered chicken", said the pleasant customer... having just experienced this same mix-up from the same server, I felt her pain. Then the young server brought a woman over, who also grilled the hapless customer, followed my a male manager - "are you sure you didn't order this?" Really? Like this poor woman has nothing better to do? The icing on the cake was when the server came back and asked the woman's male friend and her if they were ready for desert, to which the woman said, "well, I haven't gotten my food yet", "so you're not interested in desert? ", says the clueless server. Anyway, I still gave this place 4 stars because the food is THAT GOOD. Just double-check your order and enjoy!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We love the donner durum, the iskanderand the mixed sampler appetizer. The lavash bread is also unique; I haven't seen it anywhere else. Service can be a little slow when it is crowded.