“nice family style italian restaurant”

Moscatiello's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 215 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family owned since 1994. Specializing in Italian Dishes also serving Steak, Pizza and Homemade Desserts
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our family of four enjoyed our recent visit. We were warmly welcomed by the owner and sat immediately for lunch. The menu focused and delivered on traditional family style italian fare. The kids enjoyed pizza and pasta marinara while I enjoyed pasta with freshly made sausage. Service was decent. We would go again if in the area.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My family and I have dined at Moscatiellos about five times in the past few years when we visit our son up at college. We've gone there with a small group of four, and last month, as a group of twenty-one(21) fraternity brothers and parents to celebrate Family Weekend at RPI. The staff was very attentive and patient with a large group of people. They made us feel welcome, and got every order correct-no small feat when dealing with so many people and individual orders. As my son organized the event, he received many compliments regarding the meals. Everyone seemed very satisfied with their orders both in quality and quantity. My favorite, chicken limone, with sauteed chicken, onions, mushrooms, lemon, and capers was delicious! Whether seafood, poultry, or traditional Italian fare like raviolis, you can't go wrong with Moscatiellos.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Always good service & great food. Coupons sent to my e-mail & always love the experience. Just the two of us or a large group -- fun & very good consistently.

1  Thank Upstatekl
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Moscatiello’s is an excellent family owned Italian restaurant. It is easy to get to from Albany or Troy with convenient parking. My favorite dish is their chicken marsala. It is the best I have ever had. Their menu includes a variety of pasta dishes as well as seafood and steak. For an appetizer, the clams in red sauce are exceptional. Before your dinner is served, you must eat their bread which is delicious. For a lighter meal, their pizza and calzones are very good. The staff is friendly and there are also private rooms if you should ever need to set up a private function. Great restaurant for family, couples, or a business dinner.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Decided to try this place because we were in the area. When we arrived at 6 pm on a Saturday night and the parking lot was almost empty should have told me something. Best part of the meal was the warm bread served. Salads were ok. Entrees were terrible. The sauce they use is terrible. I couldn't even eat my 18$ veal Parm meal. The veal was bland. Ordered tortellini came out not cooked. Bit into it and it was still hard eggplant was ok. Overall there are so many better places to visit then here

1  Thank J G

Been to Moscatiello's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!