“Disappointed 2”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
New York
“Disappointed 2”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2009

After reading several good reviews, husband and I decided to search out DeFazio's. First stop was at the store, very small, nothing really uniquie, not what we expected. Left empty-handed. Unfazed, we decided to give the pizzeria a try. Ordered a pizza and a salad with some vegetables, cheese, and what was advertised on the menu as "imported Italian Tuna." The salad would barely feed two. The tuna tasted just like the kind I have at home - which was purchased at Price Chopper. The greens were mostly iceberg lettuce with a little mixed greens, two small slices of purple onion, about 6 small squares of cheese, and a few sliced black olives, all for $9.95. I could have easily made that in my own kitchen in about 5 minutes. The pizza was OK at best. While waiting for our order to go, we got a chance to really take in the atmosphere inside. Dusty looking blinds and curtains, cobwebs, sticky table tops, and grungey looking white cabinets. The floor could have used a good mopping as well. I doubt we'll return again.

1 Thank NewYorkTraveling2

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“THE place to get pizza in Troy. They have organic sauce and an amazing whole wheat crust option.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Arlington, Vermont
“Best in the Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2008

Having grown up in NJ with fabulous pizza both in my hometown and in NYC, I am fussy. De Fazio's Pizza is the only place in the Albany/Troy area where I will venture to eat a pizza.
Ask for the crust well done if you like it crisp. Great looking pies, great choice of toppings, and they even offer a whole grain crust as well. The Greek salad is very good , too.
Say Buon Giorno to mom and pop out back or next door in their old world Italian market. The place is tiny and charming . Bring your own beer or wine.