“The best pizza, pasta & salads in the Capital District”

De Fazio's Pizzeria
Ranked #7 of 214 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

It is always a tough decision whether to get a smoked mozzarella 4 cheese pizza, linguine with pesto, broccoli and chicken, or a herbed chicken antipasto salad
All are equally fabulous
And Rocco and his family are warm and welcoming
When my son comes in from San Francisco this is our first stop!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We hadn’t been here in several years, mostly because we don't live in Troy. However, just like the last time we were here, the service is really good: attentive, patient, pleasant. Most importantly, this places still serves the best pizza in the capital district. Wasn’t busy on a summer Saturday night, but perhaps its because the college students are still on summer vacation. The only drawback to this place: the neighborhood seems to have gotten worse. Prices on the cheap side relative to the delectable pizzas served. Some famous people have eaten here, and deservedly so...

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The pizza is exceptional. Crust is crunchy on the outside and soft inside. Right amount of sauce, tasty cheese. The meats are well seasoned and hey are generous with the amount. My favorite is the Fra Diavolo pizza. Nice and spicy but not overpowering...just very tasty.

I've seen people eating their non-pizza dishes and it looks great. But I can't bring myself to depart from the pizza. Its too good.

Its buried deep in the Italian district of Troy, so not easy to find. But worth the trip.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The pizza is great, but the home cooked meals that you can buy at the store next door is authentic and worth a trip to Troy! I am sorry that you will not get to meet the first generation people who openned up this lovely place, but their second generation is also worth meeting. All the food is first class and you can take it home with you.

1  Thank Seyfollah M
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had the sausage pepper and onion pizza. The sauce was delicious, the cheese was high quality. The vegetables were fresh and I savoured every bite. My family and I lucked out. We are on a road trip and just happened to be passing through Troy. And honestly I've never had better service. The young man taking my order was polite and hard working. He asked us several times if we needed any thing and how we were enjoying our pizza. At one point I asked for a cup of ice. He didn't have any in the shop so he checked next door and when they didn't have any, he ran down to corner store to buy some. I never had better service. The atmosphere itself is not fancy but homey and comfortable. What a great experience.

Been to De Fazio's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!