“Very good!!”

Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We went last. Ought. I haven't been here in some time. Excellent food, but had to wait a bit to get our food wrapped up and our check. We will be back.

Visited March 2014

West Sand Lake, New York
“So disappointed!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have been going to the Plum Blossom for several decades, and have always loved the food. Well...we were totally disappointed when we went there for dinner last night. First of all, the prices have gone up. The restaurant always serves each table with a plate of pickled cabbage and carrots...spicy and sweet. Last night our cabbage and carrots were so sugary sweet that it was unpleasant. My husband ordered a bowl of hot and sour soup...and was presented with bowl only half full! Our two entrees, Singapore style noodles and a duck dish, were unattractively presented and did not taste good. The service was fantastic...their waitstaff is always so kind and professional. Sorry to say I'll be looking for a different Chinese restaurant in the Capital District. I only hope I can find one that was as good as Plum Blossom.

• Visited March 2014
“Great Chinese Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Food is always good, service is slow sometimes, but it gives you a chance to actually sit and chat with the person/people you are with.

• Visited March 2014
Troy, New York
“no greeter @ door”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

too many people coming in for pick up at the same front door where customers come to be seated for dinner. Please get a hostess to sit @ front door. Some music would be nice too.
Food is good.

• Visited February 2014
Albany, NY
“Very Fresh, Amazing Woodwork”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This place definitely offers the best Chinese food in the Capital District, although I have had better in larger cities. The service is usually pretty good (sometime a longer wait), the dishes are diverse and there is a wide variety to select from on the menu. Wine selections are very limited, there is no bar to wait if there is a table wait or for takeout. Overall I would return as this place is very good, just not the best I have had for Chinese.

On Atmosphere : The owner (Steve) does all of the woodwork seen in the place (a great deal) and it absolutely amazing. Each time I see it, I say "I can't believe he did all of this amazing/beautiful woodwork himself."

• Visited November 2013