“A Good Chinese Restaurant”
Review of Red and Blue

Red and Blue
Ranked #87 of 211 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant offers delivery to RPI. Lunch Special is very economic. Some dishes are very authentic Chinese styles, while others are more American. You can ask for a prepaid card so you might be able to get discount. Anyway, it is great to have a satisfactory Chinese restaurant in a countryside place.

There are newer reviews for Red and Blue

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I went to the Red and Blue for dinner on a recent Saturday night. The restaurant was about a third full with diners when we arrived at 6:30pm. We were seated in the back of the restaurant next to the bar. They are waiting for their liquor license so it was not a problem. The fried noodles and duck sauce were just ok, the noodles were greasy and a bit stale. After ordering the sushi/sashimi bento box and my wife the seafood pad Thai was when we found out that they did not serve alcohol.....too bad a asashi or Sapporo would have gone well with the dinners.
The sushi was the freshest and best presented bento box I've had. Excellent tempura, and dumplings, and pungent ginger to cleanse the palette with after. My wife's dish was also very good, she proclaimed it the best she has had. We will definitely be going back, as we are both fans of Japanese food.

1  Thank vaultcoach
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great sushi!! A little pricey but it is definetly worth it!!! Small little place if you are Japanese you can order different authentic Japanese food that Americans wont eat maybe or like. I must go back with a translator and experience some of this tastes that I will never experience in my life. Delicious food new place check it out!!!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've been a few times now and the food and service have been great each visit! I was pleasantly surprised by how visually appealing the restaurant itself is and of course the dishes that I've had were served quickly, hot and fresh. It's walking distance from the office, so I will be there often.

The lunch box is a great deal. I've had the house special spicy chicken twice and the General Tso chicken once, (I only tried that one to be able to let my wife know how it is. She loves that dish, so I was reviewing it for her. It was good, but not my personal favorite. I was in China last year and the spicy chicken lunch box was deliciously reminiscent of a dish that I had while there.

If you haven't been, get over there soon!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went here around noon on a Sunday. Needless to say, the place was empty although there were people grabbing takeout. Waitstaff was very attentive and we were brought wide noodles and sauce almost immediately (and kept getting refills of them, too). The food was very good and we had enough to bring home and have for lunch later that week. There is parking next to
the restaurant (which used to be a medical office). If's nice not to have to park on 15th Street. The restaurant is between RPI and Hoosick Street.

They had a small stage and mic, so it seems that there might be some type of entertainment.