“Still good ambiance”

Cuisines: Armenian, Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Yes, it still looks like Holmes and Watson, but the menu is different. We were a party of ten so
we were agressivley chastised for not making a reservation. BUT is was early in the evening and
there was plenty of seating available . Menu in some areas tries too hard to be gastro pub.
Seems to be much better at the Irish comfort food. All in attendance were pleased with their food.
Waiter was attentive and pricing was medium.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have heard many good things about Finnbar's since it opened and I like to go to historic places, as this venue dates back about 100 years. My companion and I both had the Irish Stew, which was a big bowl with lamb, carrots, potatoes, and cabbage. It was very good and I hope to go back soon and maybe try the beer battered fish. The wait staff was very efficient and stopped by several times to make sure we had everything we needed. I don't drink, but the beer selection looks very extensive and must be good, since the bar was full.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

There is something for everyone at Finnbar. They are very accommodating to any allergy or food preference when preparing their food. Many Gluten free options on the menu for food and drink selections. They have so many micro brew beers on tap compared to any other neighborhood bar and grill. Finnbar is much more than a bar with its ornate features and fireplace in the dining room to make it an inviting space, along with their homemade menu options. When the weather is nice, it has a very quaint courtyard in the back. Definitely worth trying out!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place has a new owner, new face and a new menu. The menu is extremely tasty, and if you are a beer drinker, you will be in heaven. I think there are 39 on tap!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Curious to see what new owners had done to the former Holmes and Watson pub, I stopped in on a rainy Saturday afternoon. I was glad to see they had not gutted the place, but had preserved the gorgeous wooden ice chests. Pleasantly surprised at the quantity and variety of craft ales on tap (25+). Delighted by the menu - not overloaded - featuring good honest Irish pub grub. Sat at the bar. Great explanations of the beers and ales by the bartender. Many samples to illustrate variances in taste, hoppiness, etc. the food was excellent, with enough to fill me up but not make me feel stuffed. While I shall miss the old Holmes and Watson, I have found a new favorite spot in Troy. Well done, Finnbar's!

Been to Finnbar's Pub? Share your experiences!