“Recovery Sports Grill Attempt 2” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Recovery Sports Grill

Recovery Sports Grill
Ranked #33 of 206 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Troy, New York
“Recovery Sports Grill Attempt 2”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I don't like to form my final opinion based on one experience so despite the bad experience I had at the Recovery Sports Grill in Troy, NY, I decided to go back and try it again and choose something else to eat.

It was different this time. Our server, Jessica, was VERY nice, attentive, not overbearing, didn't wait until our mouths were full of food to come ask us how we were liking our meal, checked in often but wasn't a pest and was generally very sweet. This was in direct contrast with our last server (I can't remember her name because she was never there). The food....well, it was better. I don't know who picks out their cheese but they need to be fired. I had the Buffalo Alfredo entrée. The chicken was fine, the noodles were fine but the cheese just wasn't good. It looked curdled and I could not discern anything that resembled alfredo sauce in the dish. Again, we used a gift card we received as a present. Again, I'm glad we didn't have to pay for that. I've been to restaurants like Recovery Sports Grill that had fabulous food so I know it can be done. I guess I will just have to wait for this restaurant to get it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Much Better Than Expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I generally avoid eating in hotel restaurants (in this case, the Hilton Garden's sports bar), but we decided to try this one because we checked in mid-afternoon and hadn't eaten yet. We were pleasantly surprised. The burger and the blackened chicken sandwiches were better than the average chain-sports-bar fare, although certainly not gourmet fare. The service (just the bartender at that time of day) was good and attentive. They had a decent offering of draft beers, too, something we really appreciated on a hot summer day. I can imagine, however, that it gets quite loud on weekends since the walls are simply covered with TVs set to sports.

We usually have a bit of trouble finding decent, non-fast restaurants in Troy. This is one we will be happy to come back to.

• Visited July 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good food. lots of TV's. Service was very good. Its a sports bar with pub food. The wings are very good and the salads were excellent

Visited May 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very good wings, but no Quick Draw!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Located at the Hilton Gardens on Hoosick Street, this place is very busy on weekends. Mixed crowd with a lot of college students (especially on Saturdays), but an older crowd seems to sit at the bar itself. Large TV screens all over the place display a good mix of sports, and each table has its own speaker which allows you to tune in to your favorite screen. Waitstaff here is friendly and most of them are efficient (Mary is the best).

I usually order the Thai Sweet Chili wings, which have a sweet and spicy flavor. My husband is a fan of the Maple Adobo wings, which are not nearly as spicy as the waitstaff would lead you to believe (the regular hot wings are hotter). In the past I've also had the Sweet BBQ wings, which also have a nice flavor. When ordering, we request that the wings be crispy, although they don't always come out that way.

My husband tried a few of the mixed drinks advertised on cards on the table, He found them to be watered down, especially when you consider that some contain 3 or more types of liquor.

We go here on occasion when we want chicken wings as our favorite Capital District place (Rustey's in Wynantskill) has been closed for some time (they're reopening soon under another name). I really liked that Recovery Room had the NYS Lottery "Quick Draw" game, but that's been inoperative for the past couple of months. One of the waitstaff told us several weeks ago that the owner refuses to pay the licensing fees. Since the only thing drawing us to Recovery Room was the wings AND the Quick Draw, we don't see ourselves frequenting here once Rustey's reopens.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Charlie A
El Paso, Texas
“Recover in the Recovery Sports Grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Mucho TV's and great bar menu....late night too. Conveniently located in the Hilton Garden Inn. Plenty of sports games to keep you from running up the bar tab.

Visited November 2012